Android 4.4.3 Release Date Soon in Nexus 5, Nexus 7, HTC One, Android 4.5 Coming in June?
By Precious Silva | April 12, 2014 11:45 PM EST
The Android 4.4.3 update has been making headlines especially after several users reported problems over the Android 4.4.2 update. According to recent reports, the update will focus on addressing bugs and maintaining features instead of adding new functions. Recent information also suggested that the first devices in line to receive the update are Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and HTC One.
According to a report by Android Geeks, looking at the line of first to receive the update, it appears the upcoming Android OS will focus on bug-fixing instead of introducing major applications. Android Police also reported that Google has started dogfooding for Android 4.4.3. This means the software has "entered internal testing outside of the core Android team."
Android Police also indicated in the report that Android 4.4.2 aka KitKat MR2 has also been provided to 1% of employees at Google. This includes the people not part of the Android unit. Remember that Android 4.4.1 and Android 4.4.2 updates went by KitKat MR1. At the moment, only Nexus devices have access to dogfooding. However, the update should be available over Google Play Edition platforms soon including Moto X.
It is best to wait for announcements for users of other Android devices. Google always prioritizes the Nexus line like Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10. Google Play Edition often follows suit. These devices include Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Moto G, Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE, HTC One M8, HTC One M7 and LG G Pad 8.3.
Android Police gave the upcoming Android 4.4.3 update with a 9/10 confidence rating. Google's next major update could be the Android 4.5 Lollipop. The company's I/O conference will be this June. People expect the company to announce the update by then. According to a report by Liliputing, Google has started concentrating on a new Android Runtime (ART). Other expected features from the update include increased speed and better battery life.
Google has yet to release official announcements about the Android 4.4.3 and the Android 4.5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report