Android 4.4.3 Release Date Soon in Nexus 5, Nexus 7, HTC One, Android 4.5 Coming in June?
By Precious Silva | April 12, 2014 11:45 PM EST
The Android 4.4.3 update has been making headlines especially after several users reported problems over the Android 4.4.2 update. According to recent reports, the update will focus on addressing bugs and maintaining features instead of adding new functions. Recent information also suggested that the first devices in line to receive the update are Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and HTC One.
According to a report by Android Geeks, looking at the line of first to receive the update, it appears the upcoming Android OS will focus on bug-fixing instead of introducing major applications. Android Police also reported that Google has started dogfooding for Android 4.4.3. This means the software has "entered internal testing outside of the core Android team."
Android Police also indicated in the report that Android 4.4.2 aka KitKat MR2 has also been provided to 1% of employees at Google. This includes the people not part of the Android unit. Remember that Android 4.4.1 and Android 4.4.2 updates went by KitKat MR1. At the moment, only Nexus devices have access to dogfooding. However, the update should be available over Google Play Edition platforms soon including Moto X.
It is best to wait for announcements for users of other Android devices. Google always prioritizes the Nexus line like Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10. Google Play Edition often follows suit. These devices include Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Moto G, Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE, HTC One M8, HTC One M7 and LG G Pad 8.3.
Android Police gave the upcoming Android 4.4.3 update with a 9/10 confidence rating. Google's next major update could be the Android 4.5 Lollipop. The company's I/O conference will be this June. People expect the company to announce the update by then. According to a report by Liliputing, Google has started concentrating on a new Android Runtime (ART). Other expected features from the update include increased speed and better battery life.
Google has yet to release official announcements about the Android 4.4.3 and the Android 4.5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists