The Evil Within Brings Chills Down the Spine with New Trailer, Release Date, Environmental Horror [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 11:28 PM EST
Shinji Mikami, the director of the upcoming survival horror video game, The Evil Within shows the amount of horror and spooky elements in the trailer released at the ongoing gaming event, PAX East 2014.
The Evil Within will be released on 26 August.
Though, many might find the imagery right from the poster that shows a character screaming as he is covered by a barbed wire, the video too can scare the hell out of you.
Mikami, known to most as the father of survival horror, gives a demonstration of the game that will be rolling out on 26 August for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One with the release of the video. The game will have "Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension," according to the official website.
The video game allow players to control the character of Detective Sebastian Castellanos who lands at a mysterious place and who is attacked, only to wake up in a place that is crawling with monsters and weird creatures.
The video will remind you that the game has its roots in Resident Evil 6, GameSpot reported. The video opens to the scene of a murder that Castellanos and his partner go to investigate. And after being hit, he wakes up in a burning and fallen ambulance in a mysterious place. We see the character walking past dead creatures with creepy environment. We can see the weather system as the smoke and leaves blowing around the place in a dark setting with lights visible here and there and lot of dilapidated structures.
He manages to enter an old bungalow where he finds a creature sitting in a dark place and when it turns, it does not have a face, but he is suddenly transported to a sunflower field and the music turns sweet as he is seen being carried into a guillotine and the video shows scenes of blood gushing through an entrance, a rolling iron spikes attacking, a man with a white mask coming with an axe, a giant monster gabbing him, a bogeyman throwing another into the bon fire, a butcher working with a body and Castellanos' vain attempts at opening a door.
The video also takes us across quick frames of a scary doctor, water creature and the character being given shock treatment. A new wizard ghost (looks like an assassin) makes the entry. He is shown to have magical powers and the character taking to him asking him if he is going crazy.
The video also shows the main character firing weapons and using knife. We can also see some zombie-like creatures and man with a caged head.
The video has its surprises and twists and this makes a promising game to play.
(YouTube Courtesy: Bethesda Softworks)
Photo credit: theevilwithin.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]