Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners’ Chances to Sign Bundesliga Starlet Diminished by Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 12, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Arsenal's chances to sign FC Nuremberg starlet Josip Drmic have diminished because of Borussia Dortmund.
The Bundesliga giants have taken it up a notch to secure the services of the 21-year-old, who is suggested to have a £4million buy-out clause, according to German news agency Bild.
Arsenal might not be able to sign Nuremberg's Josip Drmic as Arsene Wenger is continually in search for attacking reinforments
The Switzerland international has started 25 out of his 28 appearances in Germany's top-flight, netting 16 goals and providing 3 assists in his debut season for the Bavaria-based club.
He has already received 5 caps from the Swiss senior squad, recently participating in March in a 2-2 draw against Croatia and
The Gunners are desperately looking for abled reinforcements at the striker's position to lessen the pressure on first-choice Olivier Giroud, while out-of-favour reserves Lukas Podolski and Nicklas Bendtner are expected to look for game time elsewhere this summer, with the latter's contract set to expire in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen