Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners’ Chances to Sign Bundesliga Starlet Diminished by Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 12, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Arsenal's chances to sign FC Nuremberg starlet Josip Drmic have diminished because of Borussia Dortmund.
The Bundesliga giants have taken it up a notch to secure the services of the 21-year-old, who is suggested to have a £4million buy-out clause, according to German news agency Bild.
Arsenal might not be able to sign Nuremberg's Josip Drmic as Arsene Wenger is continually in search for attacking reinforments
The Switzerland international has started 25 out of his 28 appearances in Germany's top-flight, netting 16 goals and providing 3 assists in his debut season for the Bavaria-based club.
He has already received 5 caps from the Swiss senior squad, recently participating in March in a 2-2 draw against Croatia and
The Gunners are desperately looking for abled reinforcements at the striker's position to lessen the pressure on first-choice Olivier Giroud, while out-of-favour reserves Lukas Podolski and Nicklas Bendtner are expected to look for game time elsewhere this summer, with the latter's contract set to expire in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’