Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners’ Chances to Sign Bundesliga Starlet Diminished by Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 12, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Arsenal's chances to sign FC Nuremberg starlet Josip Drmic have diminished because of Borussia Dortmund.
The Bundesliga giants have taken it up a notch to secure the services of the 21-year-old, who is suggested to have a £4million buy-out clause, according to German news agency Bild.
Arsenal might not be able to sign Nuremberg's Josip Drmic as Arsene Wenger is continually in search for attacking reinforments
The Switzerland international has started 25 out of his 28 appearances in Germany's top-flight, netting 16 goals and providing 3 assists in his debut season for the Bavaria-based club.
He has already received 5 caps from the Swiss senior squad, recently participating in March in a 2-2 draw against Croatia and
The Gunners are desperately looking for abled reinforcements at the striker's position to lessen the pressure on first-choice Olivier Giroud, while out-of-favour reserves Lukas Podolski and Nicklas Bendtner are expected to look for game time elsewhere this summer, with the latter's contract set to expire in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date