H1Z1: Sony's Newest Free-to-Play Survival Horror Video Game
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:58 PM EST
Sony Online Entertainment has revealed that it is developing a new post-apocalyptic video game H1Z1. It will also be a massively multiplayer online game and will "soon" be able to play, tweeted John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment.
H1Z1 will be a post-apocalyptic video game.
It revealed that the game will be free-to-play and players will fight for their survival as the world is infected by the deadly virus, H1Z1 and will include microtransactions.
Smedley revealed that the game takes place 15 years after the infections started. The humankind has been hiding in the shadows and has been scraping for food. Players will be facing infected people, wild animals and other survivors.
The game is set in Middle America and can be any town from that place. The game will have a open-world settings and the environment will all be connected seamlessly.
The game will be different from the games of the genre that exists now, as it will not only feature a current generation MMO Engine, Forgelight, but will also be able to support up to 2,000 players.
"First off, it's a persistent MMO that can hold thousands of players on servers we host (yes there will be multiple servers with very different rule sets). Why is that a good thing? It means a thriving economy (oh yes... there's trading). It also means you have potential allies in the all-out war on the Infected... and many an enemy as well," he added, Polygon reported.
The game will also have a characters progression system with scavenging and crafting system that allow players to make weapons like firearms, Molotov cocktails, explosives and others.
The game will also focus on building and ownership, where a player can cut the trees and make a house from the scratch. They will also be given the tools to set up their own defences, camps, towns and decide on the setting up of the base.
(YouTube Courtesy: GameTalk Live)
Photo credit: h1z1.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown