H1Z1: Sony's Newest Free-to-Play Survival Horror Video Game
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:58 PM EST
Sony Online Entertainment has revealed that it is developing a new post-apocalyptic video game H1Z1. It will also be a massively multiplayer online game and will "soon" be able to play, tweeted John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment.
H1Z1 will be a post-apocalyptic video game.
It revealed that the game will be free-to-play and players will fight for their survival as the world is infected by the deadly virus, H1Z1 and will include microtransactions.
Smedley revealed that the game takes place 15 years after the infections started. The humankind has been hiding in the shadows and has been scraping for food. Players will be facing infected people, wild animals and other survivors.
The game is set in Middle America and can be any town from that place. The game will have a open-world settings and the environment will all be connected seamlessly.
The game will be different from the games of the genre that exists now, as it will not only feature a current generation MMO Engine, Forgelight, but will also be able to support up to 2,000 players.
"First off, it's a persistent MMO that can hold thousands of players on servers we host (yes there will be multiple servers with very different rule sets). Why is that a good thing? It means a thriving economy (oh yes... there's trading). It also means you have potential allies in the all-out war on the Infected... and many an enemy as well," he added, Polygon reported.
The game will also have a characters progression system with scavenging and crafting system that allow players to make weapons like firearms, Molotov cocktails, explosives and others.
The game will also focus on building and ownership, where a player can cut the trees and make a house from the scratch. They will also be given the tools to set up their own defences, camps, towns and decide on the setting up of the base.
(YouTube Courtesy: GameTalk Live)
Photo credit: h1z1.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar