H1Z1: Sony's Newest Free-to-Play Survival Horror Video Game
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:58 PM EST
Sony Online Entertainment has revealed that it is developing a new post-apocalyptic video game H1Z1. It will also be a massively multiplayer online game and will "soon" be able to play, tweeted John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment.
H1Z1 will be a post-apocalyptic video game.
It revealed that the game will be free-to-play and players will fight for their survival as the world is infected by the deadly virus, H1Z1 and will include microtransactions.
Smedley revealed that the game takes place 15 years after the infections started. The humankind has been hiding in the shadows and has been scraping for food. Players will be facing infected people, wild animals and other survivors.
The game is set in Middle America and can be any town from that place. The game will have a open-world settings and the environment will all be connected seamlessly.
The game will be different from the games of the genre that exists now, as it will not only feature a current generation MMO Engine, Forgelight, but will also be able to support up to 2,000 players.
"First off, it's a persistent MMO that can hold thousands of players on servers we host (yes there will be multiple servers with very different rule sets). Why is that a good thing? It means a thriving economy (oh yes... there's trading). It also means you have potential allies in the all-out war on the Infected... and many an enemy as well," he added, Polygon reported.
The game will also have a characters progression system with scavenging and crafting system that allow players to make weapons like firearms, Molotov cocktails, explosives and others.
The game will also focus on building and ownership, where a player can cut the trees and make a house from the scratch. They will also be given the tools to set up their own defences, camps, towns and decide on the setting up of the base.
(YouTube Courtesy: GameTalk Live)
Photo credit: h1z1.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery