Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Guide: Where to Get Firmware and When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | April 12, 2014 9:17 PM EST
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update roll out has been a subject of concern for many Samsung users. Samsung claimed previously that it will finish rolling out the KitKat update in the first quarter. Nonetheless, some users in other regions may have to wait as carriers and Samsung execute update roll outs in stages. Likewise, users can also choose to install third party firmware to update to Android's newest operating system.
The stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update is now available. According to SamMobile, the details are as follows:
Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
Country: Austria (3 Hutchison)
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:30:43 +0000
Product Code: DRE
To install the stock firmware, follow these instructions:
1. Unzip the firmware file.
2. Save Odin v3.09.
3. Unzip the Odin file package.
4. Open the Odin file.
5. Reboot the device to Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down, Poer and Home buttons altogether.
6. Connect the device to the computer. Check for the blue sign in notification from Odin.
7. Include the firmware file to AP/PDA.
8. Uncheck the re-partition option.
9. Check the start button and wait for the device to open.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 2 owners can now update their devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat through a custom firmware. User can update to the latest Android OS through the LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The ROM is for Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
Note: The custom ROMs are not official releases from Samsung. People can update at their own risk.
Users should download ClockworkMod to flash the ROM and Google Apps package. The ROM update offers the following:
- Linaro 4.9 GCC Toolchain
- O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
- ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
- Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
- Slims DPI on the fly
- Custom animation controls
- TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
- Active Display
- Slims QuickSettings
- Halo (Renamed to bubble in settings)
- Ram Bar
- T-Mobile Theme Engine
- Privacy Guard
- Built in SuperUser
- Working wifi Tethering
- Cell Broadcasts
- Slims Configurable Power Menu
- Slims Configurable Nav Bar
- Custom animation controls (Listview)
- LockScreen Notifications
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2