Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release in Fall 2014, Brilliant PC Trailer Outed, PlayStation 4 Likely to Run at 1080p
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:04 PM EST
One of the most awaited video game in 2014 is certainly the action-adventure title, Watch Dogs, from developers Ubisoft Montreal, which will be hitting the markets on 27 May. Ubisoft has in the meantime announced that the Wii U version and it is likely to target 1080p output on PlayStation 4.
Watch Dogs Wii U version to release in Fall 2014.
Watch Dogs Wii U Version
It has been confirmed by Ubisoft that Watch Dogs' Wii U version will be releasing in the fall 2014 and it was also listed on the North American Uplay store. Ubisoft had previously stated that the Wii U version will be released "at a later date" after other consoles are out.
Watch Dogs PC Version Gets New Video
A brilliant video showcasing various details of the working of Nvidia's hardware in Watch Dogs PC was released. The video is narrated by Paul Vlasie, lead engineer who shows the workings of Nvidia's HBAO Plus light and shadow system and Nvidia's TXAA anti-aliasing technology.
These additions will be exclusive only for PC edition. "By working with Nvidia we really want to make sure PC gamers will be able to enjoy and explore the most realistic and visually stunning world environment ever created, the Windy City like you've never seen it before," Vlasie said in the video, Polygon reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs PlaySation 4 version to run at 1080p
It is more likely that the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 version will be aiming to run at 1080p on PlayStation 4, but there was not clarity on the resolution for Xbox One.
"We are utilizing Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with PS4, of course, so I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on PS4 it will run in full HD," said Lars Bonde, cinematics animation lead to CVG.
Earlier, Ubisoft had said that both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be running at 30 frames per second, but had not given details on the resolution.
Watch Dogs will be showcased at the ongoing gaming event, PAX East in Boston.
Photo credit: watchdogs.ubi.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares