Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release in Fall 2014, Brilliant PC Trailer Outed, PlayStation 4 Likely to Run at 1080p
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:04 PM EST
One of the most awaited video game in 2014 is certainly the action-adventure title, Watch Dogs, from developers Ubisoft Montreal, which will be hitting the markets on 27 May. Ubisoft has in the meantime announced that the Wii U version and it is likely to target 1080p output on PlayStation 4.
Watch Dogs Wii U version to release in Fall 2014.
Watch Dogs Wii U Version
It has been confirmed by Ubisoft that Watch Dogs' Wii U version will be releasing in the fall 2014 and it was also listed on the North American Uplay store. Ubisoft had previously stated that the Wii U version will be released "at a later date" after other consoles are out.
Watch Dogs PC Version Gets New Video
A brilliant video showcasing various details of the working of Nvidia's hardware in Watch Dogs PC was released. The video is narrated by Paul Vlasie, lead engineer who shows the workings of Nvidia's HBAO Plus light and shadow system and Nvidia's TXAA anti-aliasing technology.
These additions will be exclusive only for PC edition. "By working with Nvidia we really want to make sure PC gamers will be able to enjoy and explore the most realistic and visually stunning world environment ever created, the Windy City like you've never seen it before," Vlasie said in the video, Polygon reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs PlaySation 4 version to run at 1080p
It is more likely that the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 version will be aiming to run at 1080p on PlayStation 4, but there was not clarity on the resolution for Xbox One.
"We are utilizing Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with PS4, of course, so I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on PS4 it will run in full HD," said Lars Bonde, cinematics animation lead to CVG.
Earlier, Ubisoft had said that both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be running at 30 frames per second, but had not given details on the resolution.
Watch Dogs will be showcased at the ongoing gaming event, PAX East in Boston.
Photo credit: watchdogs.ubi.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date