Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release in Fall 2014, Brilliant PC Trailer Outed, PlayStation 4 Likely to Run at 1080p
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:04 PM EST
One of the most awaited video game in 2014 is certainly the action-adventure title, Watch Dogs, from developers Ubisoft Montreal, which will be hitting the markets on 27 May. Ubisoft has in the meantime announced that the Wii U version and it is likely to target 1080p output on PlayStation 4.
Watch Dogs Wii U version to release in Fall 2014.
Watch Dogs Wii U Version
It has been confirmed by Ubisoft that Watch Dogs' Wii U version will be releasing in the fall 2014 and it was also listed on the North American Uplay store. Ubisoft had previously stated that the Wii U version will be released "at a later date" after other consoles are out.
Watch Dogs PC Version Gets New Video
A brilliant video showcasing various details of the working of Nvidia's hardware in Watch Dogs PC was released. The video is narrated by Paul Vlasie, lead engineer who shows the workings of Nvidia's HBAO Plus light and shadow system and Nvidia's TXAA anti-aliasing technology.
These additions will be exclusive only for PC edition. "By working with Nvidia we really want to make sure PC gamers will be able to enjoy and explore the most realistic and visually stunning world environment ever created, the Windy City like you've never seen it before," Vlasie said in the video, Polygon reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs PlaySation 4 version to run at 1080p
It is more likely that the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 version will be aiming to run at 1080p on PlayStation 4, but there was not clarity on the resolution for Xbox One.
"We are utilizing Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with PS4, of course, so I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on PS4 it will run in full HD," said Lars Bonde, cinematics animation lead to CVG.
Earlier, Ubisoft had said that both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be running at 30 frames per second, but had not given details on the resolution.
Watch Dogs will be showcased at the ongoing gaming event, PAX East in Boston.
Photo credit: watchdogs.ubi.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date