Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release in Fall 2014, Brilliant PC Trailer Outed, PlayStation 4 Likely to Run at 1080p
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:04 PM EST
One of the most awaited video game in 2014 is certainly the action-adventure title, Watch Dogs, from developers Ubisoft Montreal, which will be hitting the markets on 27 May. Ubisoft has in the meantime announced that the Wii U version and it is likely to target 1080p output on PlayStation 4.
Watch Dogs Wii U version to release in Fall 2014.
Watch Dogs Wii U Version
It has been confirmed by Ubisoft that Watch Dogs' Wii U version will be releasing in the fall 2014 and it was also listed on the North American Uplay store. Ubisoft had previously stated that the Wii U version will be released "at a later date" after other consoles are out.
Watch Dogs PC Version Gets New Video
A brilliant video showcasing various details of the working of Nvidia's hardware in Watch Dogs PC was released. The video is narrated by Paul Vlasie, lead engineer who shows the workings of Nvidia's HBAO Plus light and shadow system and Nvidia's TXAA anti-aliasing technology.
These additions will be exclusive only for PC edition. "By working with Nvidia we really want to make sure PC gamers will be able to enjoy and explore the most realistic and visually stunning world environment ever created, the Windy City like you've never seen it before," Vlasie said in the video, Polygon reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs PlaySation 4 version to run at 1080p
It is more likely that the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 version will be aiming to run at 1080p on PlayStation 4, but there was not clarity on the resolution for Xbox One.
"We are utilizing Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with PS4, of course, so I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on PS4 it will run in full HD," said Lars Bonde, cinematics animation lead to CVG.
Earlier, Ubisoft had said that both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be running at 30 frames per second, but had not given details on the resolution.
Watch Dogs will be showcased at the ongoing gaming event, PAX East in Boston.
Photo credit: watchdogs.ubi.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage