Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release in Fall 2014, Brilliant PC Trailer Outed, PlayStation 4 Likely to Run at 1080p
By Aditya Bhat | April 12, 2014 9:04 PM EST
One of the most awaited video game in 2014 is certainly the action-adventure title, Watch Dogs, from developers Ubisoft Montreal, which will be hitting the markets on 27 May. Ubisoft has in the meantime announced that the Wii U version and it is likely to target 1080p output on PlayStation 4.
Watch Dogs Wii U version to release in Fall 2014.
Watch Dogs Wii U Version
It has been confirmed by Ubisoft that Watch Dogs' Wii U version will be releasing in the fall 2014 and it was also listed on the North American Uplay store. Ubisoft had previously stated that the Wii U version will be released "at a later date" after other consoles are out.
Watch Dogs PC Version Gets New Video
A brilliant video showcasing various details of the working of Nvidia's hardware in Watch Dogs PC was released. The video is narrated by Paul Vlasie, lead engineer who shows the workings of Nvidia's HBAO Plus light and shadow system and Nvidia's TXAA anti-aliasing technology.
These additions will be exclusive only for PC edition. "By working with Nvidia we really want to make sure PC gamers will be able to enjoy and explore the most realistic and visually stunning world environment ever created, the Windy City like you've never seen it before," Vlasie said in the video, Polygon reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs PlaySation 4 version to run at 1080p
It is more likely that the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 version will be aiming to run at 1080p on PlayStation 4, but there was not clarity on the resolution for Xbox One.
"We are utilizing Xbox One to its full capabilities and the same with PS4, of course, so I know that, as far as to my knowledge, on PS4 it will run in full HD," said Lars Bonde, cinematics animation lead to CVG.
Earlier, Ubisoft had said that both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be running at 30 frames per second, but had not given details on the resolution.
Watch Dogs will be showcased at the ongoing gaming event, PAX East in Boston.
Photo credit: watchdogs.ubi.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build