Box Office Collection: ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Slow Start; Punjabi Film ‘Disco Singh’ has Bumper Opening
By Ankita Mehta | April 12, 2014 8:53 PM EST
Amitabh Bachchan and child actor Parth Bhalerao's horror comedy "Bhoothnath Returns" had a slow start at the box office, as it grossed around ₹3.5 crore, as per early estimates.
The film performed best in Mumbai circuits and single screens, but in Punjab, it was affected due to the Punjabi film "Disco Singh," which has opened really good response in north circuits.
Meanwhile, "Bhoothnath Returns" is backed by positive reviews from critics, so one can expect growth in the business of the film on Saturday and Sunday.
But during weekdays, the film might face competition from Indian Premiere League (IPL 7) which is starting from 15 April. The horror comedy film will have to show a huge jump in its business over the weekends and maintain a steady pace during weekdays to survive at the box office.
The occupancy in the morning shows was only around 20 percent, it picked up only in evenings and night shows.
Now all eyes are set on the weekend total of the film which will decide the fate of it on box office.
Punjabi film "Disco Singh" had a bumper start on its opening day as it raked in around ₹1.2 crore. On day one, it collected around ₹1 crore nett from East Punjab and around ₹20 lakhs from rest of India, according to boxofficeindia.com.
The film was released in around 117 screens and had fantastic opening at both multiplexes a well as single screens.
Delhi, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar and Chandigarh had performed their best on opening day. With holidays coming in Punjab, the film is set for big opening weekend collections.
Photo credit: Facebook/BhoothnathReturns
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2