'Race Gurram' Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun Starrer Gets Fantastic Opening on Day 1
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 12, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" has opened to a fantastic response at the box office.
The film has turned out to be the biggest opener for Allu Arjun, earning around ₹6.89 crore AP/Nizam share on the first day, which is the highest ever for the stylish star, according to Andhraboxoffice website. To get the area-wise breakup of the collections, click HERE.
Allu Arjun's last release "Iddarammayilatho," with around ₹6.5 crore Day 1 AP/Nizam share, was the biggest opener for the actor. Now, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the collections and emerged as the biggest opener ever in the actor's career.
Although, "Race Gurram" did well on the first day, the film failed to make it to the list of all time top 10 day 1 AP share. Ram Charan's "Racha" with ₹7.86 crore share has taken the 10th spot in the list. Allu Arjun starrer failed to beat "Racha" collections and enter into the list.
"Race Gurram" collections are expected to improve during the weekend. Armed with positive word of mouth, the Allu Arjun starrer is expected to perform well and post good collections at the end of the first weekend.
The family entertainer, directed by Surender Reddy, is about two brothers played by Shaam and Allu Arjun. Shruti Haasan and Saloni Aswani play the female leads, whereas other cast members include Brahmanandam, Prakash Raj, Ravi Kissan, Posani Krishna Murali, MS Narayana and Mukesh Rishi.
The film received positive reviews from critics as well as from the audience. Allu Arjun and Brahmanandam's performance have struck a chord with the audiences, who have heaped praises on the duo's comic timing.
The positive reports have helped the film open with a bang. With no big releases, "Race Gurram" is expected to perform well in the coming days.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence