Maruti Suzuki to Recall 1,03,311 Units of Ertiga, Swift and Dzire
By greeshma m | April 12, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker on Friday issued a voluntary recall of 1,03,311 units of Ertiga, Swift and DZire in India to fix a problem with the fuel filler neck.
A worker cleans a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire car as he is reflected in a car at the company's stock yard at Sanand in Gujarat.
The company will recall 47,237 units of its popular hatch back Swift, 42,481 units of its sedan DZire and 13,593 units of its multi-passenger vehicle Ertiga. The company said the recall is limited to the aforementioned models, which were manufactured between 12 November 2013 and 4 February 2014 and the dealers will contact the owners of the affected models directly.
"This exercise is limited to vehicles within the above specified range and does not pertain to any other vehicle of the company," Maruti Suzuki India said in a statement. The problem with the fuel filler neck may also lead to fuel smell and also to fuel leakage in extreme condition, if fuel filled up to the fuel cap, beyond the 'auto cutoff level'.
The users can visit company's official website www.marutisuzuki.com to check if their models also have been affected by entering the 14 digit chassis number. The latest recall of Maruti is believed to be the largest recall announced by any auto maker in India.
In November 2013, Maruti had recalled 306 units of Ertiga, 592 units of Swift, 581 units of Dzire and 13 units of A-star models in the country to fix the problem with the steering column. Previously, the company had taken back 13,157 units of Dzire, Swift and Ritz in April 2011. In February 2010, around one lakh units of Maruti's flagship export model A-Star were also recalled.
Earlier this week, Toyota issued a recall for 45,000 units of its multi-utility vehicle (MPV) Innova, which were manufactured between February 2005 and December 2008, over a problem with the steering column. Globally, Toyota has recalled the Yaris, Urban Cruiser (manufactured between January 2005 and August 2010), RAV4 and Hilux (between June 2004 and December 2010) models to fix problems with the wiring harnesses, steering column and seat railings.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected