Indo-Pak Cricket Ties to Resume?
By Shruthi SU | April 11, 2014 10:33 PM EST
The Pakistan Cricket Board announced on Thursday that countries including India and the governing body ICC, had assured bilateral series in the country. This could mean that the Indo-Pak cricket ties would resume shortly, much to the delight of the fans.
It's time for fans to rejoice as Indo-Pak cricket ties promise to resume.
Najam Sethi, the PCB chief, said that the support from his board, to the revised ICC resolutions regarding governance and finance that would decide the future of international cricket, came in only on conditions that the members of the ICC agreed upon.
"The conditions are signing of mutually beneficial bilateral cricket tours from 2015-23 with all members, especially India," Sethi said. "We had completed the discussion, consultation and negotiation phase with regard to the revised resolutions. It was important for us to get assurances on bilateral cricket with all Boards, especially India, which we have now received."
The revised ICC resolution would give exclusive power to India, England and Australia in all major decisions concerning cricket. Zaka Ashraf, who has been replaced by Sethi in February, was completely against the power being in the hands of the "big three" and had refused to sign it.
The refusal has led to Pakistan's isolation in the cricketing world. And Sethi is now quickly trying to undo the damage. Pakistan's cricket market has evidently taken a blow with no team willing to play in the country. However, PCB's recent announcement have brought in hope for the people.
"The detailed Future Tour Programs are now being finalized with all, especially India," Sethi added. "The fact that the resolutions have been diluted considerably from when these were first presented, and are now unobjectionable encouraged us to support these."
Except a single ODI series that took place in Dec-Jan of 2012/13, there have been no bilateral series held between the archrivals, following security concerns after the 26/11 attack in Mumbai.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report