Indo-Pak Cricket Ties to Resume?
By Shruthi SU | April 11, 2014 10:33 PM EST
The Pakistan Cricket Board announced on Thursday that countries including India and the governing body ICC, had assured bilateral series in the country. This could mean that the Indo-Pak cricket ties would resume shortly, much to the delight of the fans.
It's time for fans to rejoice as Indo-Pak cricket ties promise to resume.
Najam Sethi, the PCB chief, said that the support from his board, to the revised ICC resolutions regarding governance and finance that would decide the future of international cricket, came in only on conditions that the members of the ICC agreed upon.
"The conditions are signing of mutually beneficial bilateral cricket tours from 2015-23 with all members, especially India," Sethi said. "We had completed the discussion, consultation and negotiation phase with regard to the revised resolutions. It was important for us to get assurances on bilateral cricket with all Boards, especially India, which we have now received."
The revised ICC resolution would give exclusive power to India, England and Australia in all major decisions concerning cricket. Zaka Ashraf, who has been replaced by Sethi in February, was completely against the power being in the hands of the "big three" and had refused to sign it.
The refusal has led to Pakistan's isolation in the cricketing world. And Sethi is now quickly trying to undo the damage. Pakistan's cricket market has evidently taken a blow with no team willing to play in the country. However, PCB's recent announcement have brought in hope for the people.
"The detailed Future Tour Programs are now being finalized with all, especially India," Sethi added. "The fact that the resolutions have been diluted considerably from when these were first presented, and are now unobjectionable encouraged us to support these."
Except a single ODI series that took place in Dec-Jan of 2012/13, there have been no bilateral series held between the archrivals, following security concerns after the 26/11 attack in Mumbai.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers