Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek to Recreate ‘Kajra Re’ Magic?
By Ankita Mehta | April 11, 2014 9:47 PM EST
The Bachchan trio - Amitabh, Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek - will share screen space again, if all goes well.
Last year, a leading home appliances brand had signed Aishwarya and Abhishek as their brand ambassadors. And through its ads, the celebrity couple appeared together onscreen, after a gap of four years.
Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek and Amitabh Bachchan to Recreate ‘Kajra Re’ Magic?
And now, it seems the Bachchan trio - last seen together in "Sarkar" (2005) - will team up again onscreen after almost a decade. However, this time they will be seen in a TV advertisement as after Aish and Abhi, the home appliances brand is now reportedly planning to add Big B to the group.
The negotiations between the brand and Bachchan are currently underway. The brand is also planning to launch a huge publicity campaign, to create an impact on the viewers, Filmfare reported.
If an agreement is reached, the father-son duo will appear in a television ad for the first time. Amitabh and Aishwarya have been endorsing a jewellery group together, for the past two years.
The Bachchan trio was last seen together onscreen in "Sarkar" and also in the famous item song "Kajra Re" from "Bunty Aur Babli" a few weeks prior to it.
Aishwarya and Abhishek became the brand ambassadors of the home and kitchen appliance group only last year. The celebrity couple had reportedly charged ₹6 crore a year as their fee and will endorse the brand for three years. [Read the report here]
This is for the time that a brand has chosen a high-profile Bollywood couple to endorse them.
"It is the first time that a kitchen appliances brand has chosen a high profile Bollywood couple as brand ambassadors. We are happy to have Aishwarya and Abhishek endorse our brand and help us take the brand to newer heights," the company's Managing Director Srinivasan Ravichandran had told Press Trust of India.
Scroll down to watch Aishwarya and Abhishek's ad:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate