KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India Again; Launch Imminent
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 9:23 PM EST
The Austrian motorcycle maker KTM's fully faired sports bike RC 390 emerged on the cyber space once again in fresh spy shots, suggesting the arrival of the RC series to India soon.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
RC 390, an exciting creation of KTM has been rumoured for India launch quite some time now. Although the exact launch date of the bike is not available yet, the repeated sightings of the bikes on the roads suggest that the launch is imminent. The latest images of the RC 390 come from the folks at Motoroids, which was been spied testing in Pune.
The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with RC 200, is expected to make its India debut by mid-2014. KTM RC 390 draws its power from 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm and is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Though the details of the bike are scanty at this point of time, rumours are rife that RC390 would carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Beside RC 390, KTM's RC 200 has also been anticipated to reach Indian shores for a while now. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is likely to offer at a price point of ₹1, 40,000 - ₹ 1, 55,000. Both the bikes are expected to be produced at the Bajaj's Chakan plant in Maharashtra and the company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now.
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600.
Photo credit: KTM/India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4