KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India Again; Launch Imminent
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 9:23 PM EST
The Austrian motorcycle maker KTM's fully faired sports bike RC 390 emerged on the cyber space once again in fresh spy shots, suggesting the arrival of the RC series to India soon.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
RC 390, an exciting creation of KTM has been rumoured for India launch quite some time now. Although the exact launch date of the bike is not available yet, the repeated sightings of the bikes on the roads suggest that the launch is imminent. The latest images of the RC 390 come from the folks at Motoroids, which was been spied testing in Pune.
The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with RC 200, is expected to make its India debut by mid-2014. KTM RC 390 draws its power from 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm and is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Though the details of the bike are scanty at this point of time, rumours are rife that RC390 would carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Beside RC 390, KTM's RC 200 has also been anticipated to reach Indian shores for a while now. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is likely to offer at a price point of ₹1, 40,000 - ₹ 1, 55,000. Both the bikes are expected to be produced at the Bajaj's Chakan plant in Maharashtra and the company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now.
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600.
Photo credit: KTM/India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers