KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India Again; Launch Imminent
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 9:23 PM EST
The Austrian motorcycle maker KTM's fully faired sports bike RC 390 emerged on the cyber space once again in fresh spy shots, suggesting the arrival of the RC series to India soon.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
RC 390, an exciting creation of KTM has been rumoured for India launch quite some time now. Although the exact launch date of the bike is not available yet, the repeated sightings of the bikes on the roads suggest that the launch is imminent. The latest images of the RC 390 come from the folks at Motoroids, which was been spied testing in Pune.
The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with RC 200, is expected to make its India debut by mid-2014. KTM RC 390 draws its power from 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm and is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Though the details of the bike are scanty at this point of time, rumours are rife that RC390 would carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Beside RC 390, KTM's RC 200 has also been anticipated to reach Indian shores for a while now. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is likely to offer at a price point of ₹1, 40,000 - ₹ 1, 55,000. Both the bikes are expected to be produced at the Bajaj's Chakan plant in Maharashtra and the company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now.
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600.
Photo credit: KTM/India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports