KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India Again; Launch Imminent
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 9:23 PM EST
The Austrian motorcycle maker KTM's fully faired sports bike RC 390 emerged on the cyber space once again in fresh spy shots, suggesting the arrival of the RC series to India soon.
KTM RC390 Spied Testing in India
RC 390, an exciting creation of KTM has been rumoured for India launch quite some time now. Although the exact launch date of the bike is not available yet, the repeated sightings of the bikes on the roads suggest that the launch is imminent. The latest images of the RC 390 come from the folks at Motoroids, which was been spied testing in Pune.
The bike, which was first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition along with RC 200, is expected to make its India debut by mid-2014. KTM RC 390 draws its power from 375cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm and is expected to carry fairing-mounted windshield and split seats. Though the details of the bike are scanty at this point of time, rumours are rife that RC390 would carry a price tag around ₹2.2 lakhs.
Beside RC 390, KTM's RC 200 has also been anticipated to reach Indian shores for a while now. The RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, which produces 26 hp and is likely to offer at a price point of ₹1, 40,000 - ₹ 1, 55,000. Both the bikes are expected to be produced at the Bajaj's Chakan plant in Maharashtra and the company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now.
KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country. Earlier in March, KTM slashed its bike prices in India up to ₹5,600.
Photo credit: KTM/India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June