Titanfall Gets New Update, Introduces Private Match, Removes Exploits, Bug Fixes; Complete Details
By Aditya Bhat | April 11, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Respawn Entertainment's development has rolled out new update for the FPS multiplayer video game, Titanfall introducing a new Private Match mode.
The game consists of Pilots and Mechs called Titans, and gamers play in online multiplayer-only matches against opponents as Militia or IMC factions. The game has 15 maps and 33 weapons. The game allows players to scale vertically in the game.
Titanfall was launched on 11 March.
The game starts with 12 players being dropped on the map and in the first 30 seconds, they will be protected by a forcefield. There are three classes of Titans - Atlas, Ogre and Styder. Multiplayer modes in the game are - Attrition, Pilot Hunter, Hardpoint Domination, Last Titan Standing and Capture the Flag mode.
Titanfall which was released on 11 March for Xbox One and PC, but the Xbox 360 release was delayed. The Private Match features are however still in the beta stage.
Respawn has also said that their future updates will have improvements in Custom Loadout Slots and ability to rename them. Game summary to show score board of the previous match too support for 120hz monitor and a pick up prompt for Amped weapons that were dropped.
Private Match Mode
This mode allows the player to organize matches. Below are some of the details (Titanfall):
- Private Match supports 2 to 12 players, with 1 to 6 players on each team.
- You can start a new Private Match lobby by choosing it on the main selection screen (alongside Campaign, MP, and Training). Invite your friends in or have them join you at any time.
- Choose any of the game's maps or modes (CTF, Pilot Hunter, etc.) to play in.
- Choose which team you're on.
- There is no XP gain, challenge progress or achievement unlocking while in a Private Match. For this beta, the Last Game Summary screen will display what you would have earned in normal play outside of Private Match, but be aware that this progress will not be recorded to your lifetime total.
- For this beta, there is no concept of a "lobby leader"; any player can change game options in the lobby or start/stop the match countdown.
- All Private Match games are still played on dedicated servers via Xbox Live Cloud Compute, just like normal matches.
- New options like round time, score limits, and much more will come in future updates.
Now, people in the same party get green colors on their mini-map, with their names too in green on the HUD, the obituary text, and in the pre-game lobby. The colors will help players usually in the thick of battles.
Auto-Titan Color in Obituary
The new update changes the auto-titan's color in obituary from blue to gold color.
Wall-hack Exploit Removed
The update has removed the exploit that allowed players to modify their local configuration files to start wall-hack cheat.
Changes in Menu
Players will find the 'Play Multiplayer' as the default option on the private lobby menu.
New Feature on Xbox One
A new shortcut has been added to on all menus that open the 'Party' app by Xbox One, just be using the Left Trigger on Controller and Right Trigger will invite friends. 'B' can be used to close it.
Game Balance Changes
After players spoke against having 50 ejecting pilot kills in the Gen 5 challenge, Respawn has cut it down to just 5 kills. The design goals have been regenerated to give players a better structured way to discover new ways of playing the game.
The update has reduced the number of rounds of the 40mm weapon from 40 to 12 rounds per magazine and further the extended magazine is reduced from 25 to 16.
Developers found the Quad Rocket too powerful and the update has reduced it from 4/5 to 5/6. The damage against a Titan shield has been increased and it will drop a shield with 4 shots. Also the extended magazine size of Quad Rocket's Rapid Fire Mod was increased from 5 to 6 and the normal magazine size was increased from 16 to 18. The damage from Amped Kraber Burn Card has also been increased from 100 to 800.
Hardpoint Domination Scoring Changes
Changes have been brought on in defending, capturing and attacking a hardpoint. Below are the changes:
- Capturing a hardpoint from 150 to 250
- Assisting in capturing a hardpoint from 75 to 100
- Neutralizing a hardpoint from 50 to 150
- Assisting in neutralizing a hardpoint from 25 to 75
- Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (nearby) from 75 to 50
- Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (far) from 75 to 50
- Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 75 to 50
- Killing an NPC inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 25 to 10
- Killing a player outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50
- Killing a player inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50
- Killing an NPC outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10
- Killing an NPC inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10
- Defending a hardpoint now goes from 75 to 25
Changes have also been brought in Capture the flag:
- Capturing a flag from 500 to 400
- Returning the flag from 250 to 100
- Killing the flag carrier from 150 to 100
Bug Fixes on all Platforms
- Fixed an issue where a Titan firing ordnance would not show on the minimap correctly.
- Fixed a rare bug with Pilot health pools that would make them virtually invincible.
- Fixed rare cases where Titans could be called in through solid geometry.
- Titan shields now protect friendly rodeo players from explosion damage (such as from an Arc Cannon).
- Fixed a case where a Pilot could embark a Titan through walls.
- Spitfire LMG and XO-16 firing sounds will no longer sometimes cut off before the gun is finished firing.
- The Archer now locks onto the top of a heavy turret rather than the base of the turret.
- The Archer's rockets now home in on Titans correctly when those targets are kneeling.
- Fixed shadows incorrectly shimmering on a particular area of Lagoon.
- Fixed Satchel Charges and Particle Walls causing pilots to permanently rodeo other pilots.
- Fixed certain characters not rendering properly in French and other languages.
- Fixed an issue where "Initializing..." would be displayed if a server wasn't found.
- Fixed being unable to scroll to the top of the datacenter list after scrolling down.
- Greatly reduced the bandwidth used when connecting to a server. People who previously could not progress past the load-screen when connecting to servers should be able to play now.
- Grunts now show up on the minimap when they shoot.
Bug Fixes on PC
- Fixed issues with Asian fonts.
- '-nojoy' command-line parameter now disables gamepad input.
- All anti-aliasing modes should now properly be displayed in the video settings menu.
- Fixed graphics corruption and some GPU underutilization for SLI and Crossfire configurations.
- Fixed a crash in the options menu when toggling between Low and Medium shadows.
- Mouse buttons can now be used for voice chat in lobbies.
- Titanfall will no longer override your Windows microphone volume setting when it is launched.
- Fixed the Smart Pistol reticle so it scales properly based on the Field of View setting.
- Fixed crashes on machines with 32 or more cores.
Bug Fixes on Xbox One
- Fixed a rare full-screen blue/red flash.
- Audio should no longer overlap after going to the Xbox dashboard and back into Titanfall.
- Fixed a crash when saying "Xbox go back" on certain menus.
Photo credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: