Mahindra Scorpio with Bulletproof Kit; Price, Availability Details
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 8:01 PM EST
The Scorpio lovers in the country now have more reason to fall in love with the iconic SUV of Mahindra. The Defence Land Systems, a Mahindra owned company has introduced a bulletproof kit for its Scorpio to give a safety ride to the customers.
The bulletproof kit is being offered in three variants - Executive, premium and VVIP at 12.67 lakh, 16.07 lakh and 18.33 lakh respectively and is available for booking in the country with advance payment of 75,000 at the e-retailer Snapdeal.
Talking about the features of the new Bulletproof kit for Scorpio, it can safeguard the passengers inside the car, if a shot is fired at 90 degree angle from a 9mm pistol from a distance of 5m and come with a real time tracking device.
While the Executive kit packs bulletproof glass, fire proof fuel tank, real time vehicle tracking device and bulletproof body panels, the Premium kit offers bulletproof panel and run flat system in addition to the features offered in the Executive kit. The third variant VVIP comes with blast proof carpet and bulletproof glass with power windows in addition to the features in the Premium kit.
The iconic SUV Scorpio, one of the top selling SUVs in the domestic market is sold with the 2.2 liter turbo diesel mHawk engine and 2.5-litre m2Di. The car which has been sailing in India since 2002 is expected to get a new version in coming months. Scorpio facelift which has been spied testing numerous times in the country is expected to pack the same 2.2 liter four cylinder turbocharged mHawk diesel engine, which powers the current model and is likely to offer a power of 120 bhp and peak torque of 290 Nm. The new Scorpio might also get 6-speed automatic transmission for improved performance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales