Mahindra Scorpio with Bulletproof Kit; Price, Availability Details
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 8:01 PM EST
The Scorpio lovers in the country now have more reason to fall in love with the iconic SUV of Mahindra. The Defence Land Systems, a Mahindra owned company has introduced a bulletproof kit for its Scorpio to give a safety ride to the customers.
The bulletproof kit is being offered in three variants - Executive, premium and VVIP at 12.67 lakh, 16.07 lakh and 18.33 lakh respectively and is available for booking in the country with advance payment of 75,000 at the e-retailer Snapdeal.
Talking about the features of the new Bulletproof kit for Scorpio, it can safeguard the passengers inside the car, if a shot is fired at 90 degree angle from a 9mm pistol from a distance of 5m and come with a real time tracking device.
While the Executive kit packs bulletproof glass, fire proof fuel tank, real time vehicle tracking device and bulletproof body panels, the Premium kit offers bulletproof panel and run flat system in addition to the features offered in the Executive kit. The third variant VVIP comes with blast proof carpet and bulletproof glass with power windows in addition to the features in the Premium kit.
The iconic SUV Scorpio, one of the top selling SUVs in the domestic market is sold with the 2.2 liter turbo diesel mHawk engine and 2.5-litre m2Di. The car which has been sailing in India since 2002 is expected to get a new version in coming months. Scorpio facelift which has been spied testing numerous times in the country is expected to pack the same 2.2 liter four cylinder turbocharged mHawk diesel engine, which powers the current model and is likely to offer a power of 120 bhp and peak torque of 290 Nm. The new Scorpio might also get 6-speed automatic transmission for improved performance.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date