Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Problems Arise: How to Fix and Android 4.4.2 KitKat Delayed
By Precious Silva | April 11, 2014 7:45 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 received the Android 4.3 update a while ago. Nonetheless, this does not mean the problems have stopped for owners of the device. Some users expressed having trouble with images files getting re-downloaded, unnecessary things in the notification bar, repeated jpeg file downloads and stuck welcome message among others. Fortunately, there are several quick fixes with these problems.
Some users over ay The Droid Guy reported issues following update of the Samsung Galaxy S3 devices to Android 4.3. Some users complained about having problems with downloading images including seeing unnecessary components on their notification bar. Downloaded images cannot be opened. The notifications, on other hand, come back even if they were removed before. There are several ways to fix these recurring download and notification troubles.
Initially, users should work on stopping the incessant downloading:
1. Open the Home Screen.
2. Tap on the Menu key on the Home button's left.
3. Open Settings.
4. Choose the More tab.
5. Open the Application Manager.
6. Swipe to the left to check the contents of the All tab.
7. Go to the Download Manager. If there is no Download Manager, open Downloads section instead.
8. Choose the Clear Cache option.
9. Click on the Data button. Confirm with OK.
10. Reboot the smartphone.
Users can also boot the device to safe mode. This will disable third party services and applications. To put the device into Safe mode, follow these instructions:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Power button.
3. Wait for the S3 screen to appear before releasing the power button.
4. Press and hold the Volume Down button. Wait for the device to finish restarting.
5. This will result to Safe Mode. The Safe Mode will let the user see which third party application is causing trouble. It should be uninstalled.
If the phone cannot go into Safe Mode, users should boot it into Recovery Mode. Even if the phone is stuck with the welcome message, it is still possible to boot into recovery mode. To do this:
1. Press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together.
2. Wait for the phone to vibrate before releasing the Power button. Hold the other two buttons and wait for the System Recovery screen to appear.
3. Press Volume Down to navigate to 'wipe cache partition.' User Power button to select it.
4. Press the Volume Down button to choose 'wipe data / factory reset.' User power button to confirm it.
5. Choose 'reboot system now' and confirm it.
Samsung has yet to finish the roll out of another Android update to Samsung Galaxy S3. According to a report by Android Geeks, the roll out for Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy S3 should finish this April or May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points