Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique in a New 'X-Men' Film?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 11, 2014 6:59 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence's star in Hollywood is undeniably one of those that shine the brightest. Following a mega box-office success with the "Hunger Games" series, and playing a major role in the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past," speculations arise that the actress might be doing another big project—this time taking the role of Mystique in a major spin-off movie similar to Hugh Jackman's "Wolverine."
The cast of "American Hustle" (L-R) Amy Adams, Christian Bale, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner pose for a portrait in New York December 8, 2013.
Lauren Shuler Donner, one of the producers of all the "X-Men" films in an interview with Entertainment Weekly shared his interest in producing new "X-Men" films that focuses on the mutant’s individual characters. Donner even named names saying that he would want to do Gambit, Deadpool, and potentially, Mystique.
Writer and producer Simon Kinberg agreed with Donner to do Gambit and Mystique, pointing out Jennifer Lawrence's take on the shape-shifting character.
“I love what Jen Lawrence has done with her, and I feel like because she is in such a crowded ensemble, there’s so much more opportunity if you were to follow her solo.” Kinberg said in EW.
The story of Mystique transpired into movie is not impossible to happen especially that Jennifer Lawrence is the actress behind. The "Hunger Games" lead star gained her popularity not only because she starred in films with great stories, but because the lady truly knows how to act.
Based on the poll conducted by Entertainment Weekly, Mystique is one of the characters that fans want to see to have an individual story, garnering a share of 11% on the results. However, it is not the spin-off that viewers might want to see first with character Deadpool taking the top of the list at 24% following Gambit with 21%. The storm-summoner Storm played by Halle Berry got 19% of the audience share.
Whether or not there will be a Mystique spin-off to be filmed in the future, Jennifer Lawrence will definitely get the support of her league of fans in the upcoming "X-Men" film. Lawrence’s body paint is also a subject of interest, with her toned body exposed in al blue artistic glory.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" will premiere in Australia in May 22, 2014. The movie stars Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), James McAvoy (Charles Xavier), Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Anna Paquin (Rogue), and Halle Berry (Storm) among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29