Tata Launches Aria Facelift in India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Tata Motors pulled the wraps off its updated version of Aria crossover in India, which comes at a starting price of 9.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new Aria Facelift hosts a slew of changes in its exterior as well as interior, and offers engine warranty of 3 years or 150,000 kms, whichever is earlier. The Aria Facelift is being offered in three trims- PURE LX, PLEASURE and PRIDE 4×4 and comes loaded with safety features like six airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP and Traction Control System.
Powered by a new 2.2 litre VARICOR engine, which can generate 150PS of power and 320Nm of torque, Tata Aria's new avatar claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 15.05kmplitre.The car comes fitted with state-of-art JBL HARMAN premium sound system and accommodates height-adjustable driver seat, tilt-adjustable steering, leather wrap for the steering wheel, dual AC with automatic climate control and Steering mounted music and cruise control with BLUE5 connect. Outside, the car flaunts new decals, clear lens tail lamps, black bezel headlamps and 17 inch alloy wheels.
Darkness sensing 'follow me home' headlamps', rain-sensing wipers, keyless entry with remote integrated key and electrically adjustable and retractable ORVMs are other features adding colour to the new offering of Tata.
"At Tata Motors, the core philosophy behind the launch of every new vehicle is anticipating what our customers need and blending it with the best-in-class technology and design engineering. In-line with HORIZONEXT, we at Tata Motors have imbibed an aggressive four-pronged customer-focused strategy in the all-new Aria, giving our ever-discerning customers a vehicle that is more powerful, more fun, more reliable and extremely safe," said Ankush Arora - Senior Vice President (Commercial), Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors Ltd.
In India, for the month of March, Tata posted 29.6 percent decline in its total vehicle sales, at 51,184 units as against the 72,712 vehicles in the same month last year. The domestic passenger vehicle sales of Tata plunged to 45,996 units in March 2014, from 69,160 units in the corresponding month last year.
Photo: Tata Motors
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]