Sleekest Smartphone of 2014 And Tiniest Robotic Printer That Crawls on Paper
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 11, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Xiaomi, dubbed as "Apple of China," can be expected to launch its new flagship smartphone to give strong competition to the market leaders in the next few months.
Xiaomi Mi3 (Tegra 4 version)
According to BGR, a Chinese Web site MyDrives reported Xiaomi is planning to launch the next version of its popular Xiaomi Mi3. The new version is named Xiaomi Mi3S to maintain the trend set by Apple iPhone 5S.
The new Xiaomi Mi3S can be expected to boast exquisite and sleek design with high-end features that include a 5-inch 1080p screen, a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, a 3 GB RAM and LTE connectivity. This handset houses a 13 MP rear-facing camera and an 8 MP front-facing camera.
The new Xiaomi Mi3S will cost $320 that roughly translates to AU$341) as an outright price.
According to reports, the new Xiaomi Mi3S might be released first in China. Xiaomi is making its presence felt in many Asian markets only recently but they do have plans for a worldwide expansion. Nevertheless, the new Mi3S might not be a China-only device.
The history and sales record speak for itself. Xiaomi has sold a total of 11 million Android smartphones in the first quarter of 2014. The company has a record of selling 100,000 units of Xiaomi Mi3 in 86 seconds.
Tiniest Robotic Printer That Prints by Crawling on Paper
Zuta Labs plans on launching its Pocket Robotic Printer shortly. The difference between this new printer and the rest is that instead of using a paper feed, the robot runs over the page directly laying ink.
The foundation of the printer is a wheeled robotic platform that lets the inkjet printer-head to touch the paper. The rotating wheels help the robot to move/crawl around the paper and print the same.
According to Business Insider, it takes 40 seconds to print a complete 8.5 x 11 inches page. The battery unit of this printer is chargeable via USB and can easily run for 1 hour upon a full charge. The housed ink cartridge can print up to 1,000 pages. Portability is easily the selling point of this device. Also, it can print on any page of any size.
There is an early bird offer and it costs $180 per unit. If this offer is missed out, then the interested users can buy this printer for $200 (black printer) and $220 (white printer).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier