‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Spoilers: Stefan-Elena-Damon Love Triangle Still Intact?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 11, 2014 5:01 PM EST
“The Vampire Diaries” fans have been divided in the case of Elena’s romance. While one section wants Elena to be with Stefan, Elena-Damon relationship, too, have a lot of takers. And sneak peeks from the upcoming episode show that Elena is also confused about her feelings for the Salvatore brothers.
The Vampire Diaries
While the previous episode saw Elena and Damon hooking up, they realised their relationship is toxic and that they should stay away from each other.
At the same time, Elena starts having strange visions about her future with Stefan, which involves a lot of kissing and even children. Do Elena and Stefan have a future?
"Those two are like perpetually a pendulum that swings. There's really no algorithm," said Paul Wesley, who plays Stefan, to E! News. "I don't think anything that happens is permanent, so the answer to that question is that I'm sure they'll work it out in the end."
And although he has accepted the fact that Damon and Elena have a friends with benefits relationship, Wesley believes Stefan still harbors feelings for Elena.
“There are always residual feelings with anyone that you’re ever with romantically,” he told TVLine.
It is speculated that Damon will get a hint of his brother’s feeling for Elena in one of the upcoming episodes when he realises that both Elena and Stefan are hiding something from him.
Check out the official synopsis of the episode below.
"When Tyler turns up at the Salvatore house with the news that Markos’ plan to break the witches’ curse puts Stefan and Elena in imminent danger, Damon suggests they hide out in the remote cabin once owned by Caroline’s father. Once there, it becomes obvious to Caroline that Stefan and Elena are keeping a secret, so Damon comes up with a parlor game designed to expose the truth."
The possibility of a relationship between Stefan and Caroline has also been mooted by the show’s creators.
"I don't want to speculate about where they end up, but I do think what has happened is a very strong friendship has developed between them, that's been really special, and will continue to grow even more special," executive producer Julie Plec told E!News. "As for what each of them feels for the other, who knows? Right now, we're in the friend zone."
Meanwhile, Plec also hinted that fans will have to say goodbye to one of the key characters in the finale episode of the season. And this has given rise to speculations that it might either be Tyler or Bonnie.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage