‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Spoilers: Stefan-Elena-Damon Love Triangle Still Intact?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 11, 2014 5:01 PM EST
“The Vampire Diaries” fans have been divided in the case of Elena’s romance. While one section wants Elena to be with Stefan, Elena-Damon relationship, too, have a lot of takers. And sneak peeks from the upcoming episode show that Elena is also confused about her feelings for the Salvatore brothers.
The Vampire Diaries
While the previous episode saw Elena and Damon hooking up, they realised their relationship is toxic and that they should stay away from each other.
At the same time, Elena starts having strange visions about her future with Stefan, which involves a lot of kissing and even children. Do Elena and Stefan have a future?
"Those two are like perpetually a pendulum that swings. There's really no algorithm," said Paul Wesley, who plays Stefan, to E! News. "I don't think anything that happens is permanent, so the answer to that question is that I'm sure they'll work it out in the end."
And although he has accepted the fact that Damon and Elena have a friends with benefits relationship, Wesley believes Stefan still harbors feelings for Elena.
“There are always residual feelings with anyone that you’re ever with romantically,” he told TVLine.
It is speculated that Damon will get a hint of his brother’s feeling for Elena in one of the upcoming episodes when he realises that both Elena and Stefan are hiding something from him.
Check out the official synopsis of the episode below.
"When Tyler turns up at the Salvatore house with the news that Markos’ plan to break the witches’ curse puts Stefan and Elena in imminent danger, Damon suggests they hide out in the remote cabin once owned by Caroline’s father. Once there, it becomes obvious to Caroline that Stefan and Elena are keeping a secret, so Damon comes up with a parlor game designed to expose the truth."
The possibility of a relationship between Stefan and Caroline has also been mooted by the show’s creators.
"I don't want to speculate about where they end up, but I do think what has happened is a very strong friendship has developed between them, that's been really special, and will continue to grow even more special," executive producer Julie Plec told E!News. "As for what each of them feels for the other, who knows? Right now, we're in the friend zone."
Meanwhile, Plec also hinted that fans will have to say goodbye to one of the key characters in the finale episode of the season. And this has given rise to speculations that it might either be Tyler or Bonnie.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen