No iPad Pro Release as Retina MacBook Air to be Launched Later This Year
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 11, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Consumers may not see an iPad Pro release date this year as Apple will launch MacBook Air 2014.
According to KGI Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, a MacBook Air with Retina display will be released later this year. The new 12-inch model is expected to be "lighter and slimmer" than the current model fit to make it more portable.
An illustration picture shows application icons on an Apple Ipad tablet held by a woman in Bordeaux, Southwestern France, February 4, 2013.
The device will still pack a physical keyboard and modified trackpad and will be completed with Apple's impressive high-resolution display.
Kuo, who has forecast Apple's product roadmap in the past, said in his latest research note he believes Apple's redesigned MacBook Air will be part of the company's 2014 line up. This means iPad Pro may not arrive anytime soon. It was speculated iPad Pro release date will be delayed. This was also what he said in his earlier note to investors as reported in iDigitalTimes, where she said iPad Air 2 will be released later this year delaying the launch of iPad Pro until next year.
Meanwhile, the revamped iPad Air will be released earlier than usual. Consumers may not have to wait until October for the new Apple tablet. iPad Air 2 is rumored to boast an A8 processor, 8 MP rear-facing camera and touch ID sensor technology.
iPad Mini with Retina display will arrive this year alongside iPad Air 2 in the third quarter. The miniature tablet will also feature A8 processor and touch ID fingerprint sensor.
Apple has not revealed the official specs of iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro. iPad Air 2 may follow the same specs and features of its predecessor with slight improvements. iPad Pro will come in two variants packing different resolutions.
Both models will pack 12.9-inch screen panel but will come with different screen resolutions: 2K and 4K display, respectively.
Also, the tablet's bezels may be hypersensitive as an Apple patent suggested iPad Pro will pack pressure sensors on bezels that may replace the physical home button.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3