Box Office: 'Rowdy' Performs Well; 'Legend' Ends 2nd Week on Decent Note
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 11, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Balakrishna's "Legend" and Mohan Babu's "Rowdy."
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu
The Balakrishna starrer, which released on 28 March, has ended its second week on a decent note.
The action entertainer is estimated to have earned ₹28 crore share from AP/Nizam in two weeks and its worldwide share is estimated to be over ₹33 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
"Legend" has surpassed Balakrishna's "Simha" full run worldwide collections, which amounts to ₹31.48 crore. The film has turned out to be the biggest earner in Balakrishna's career till now.
While the first two weeks have been good for "Legend," it might not be the same in its third week. With Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" having released on Friday (11 April), the business of "Legend" is likely to get affected. The film's collections are expected to drop in the third week.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna in dual roles. Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte and Brahmanandam appear in pivotal roles. The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, while 14 Reels Entertainment has produced the action-packed entertainer.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" has managed to break even in its opening weekend at the box office. The film, which hit the screens on 4 April, received decent reviews from critics and from the audience.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu's performance won accolades from all sections of people. The film took a decent opening weekend and continued to perform well in the first week. The film's producers have revealed that they have made money in the opening weekend itself.
"It is definitely a good summer for all of us and we are thrilled to state that we have made money in the opening weekend itself with ticket sales surpassing our expectation in all the cities the film released. This was possible because of the tight budget we had worked on this Film," the producers said in a press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is an action entertainer set in the backdrop of faction-ridden Rayalaseema region. The film has Jayasudha, Shanvi Srivastava, Kishore and Tanikella Bharani in pivotal roles.
Photo credit: PR handout
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect