Box Office: 'Rowdy' Performs Well; 'Legend' Ends 2nd Week on Decent Note
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 11, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Balakrishna's "Legend" and Mohan Babu's "Rowdy."
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu
The Balakrishna starrer, which released on 28 March, has ended its second week on a decent note.
The action entertainer is estimated to have earned ₹28 crore share from AP/Nizam in two weeks and its worldwide share is estimated to be over ₹33 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
"Legend" has surpassed Balakrishna's "Simha" full run worldwide collections, which amounts to ₹31.48 crore. The film has turned out to be the biggest earner in Balakrishna's career till now.
While the first two weeks have been good for "Legend," it might not be the same in its third week. With Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" having released on Friday (11 April), the business of "Legend" is likely to get affected. The film's collections are expected to drop in the third week.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna in dual roles. Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte and Brahmanandam appear in pivotal roles. The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, while 14 Reels Entertainment has produced the action-packed entertainer.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" has managed to break even in its opening weekend at the box office. The film, which hit the screens on 4 April, received decent reviews from critics and from the audience.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu's performance won accolades from all sections of people. The film took a decent opening weekend and continued to perform well in the first week. The film's producers have revealed that they have made money in the opening weekend itself.
"It is definitely a good summer for all of us and we are thrilled to state that we have made money in the opening weekend itself with ticket sales surpassing our expectation in all the cities the film released. This was possible because of the tight budget we had worked on this Film," the producers said in a press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is an action entertainer set in the backdrop of faction-ridden Rayalaseema region. The film has Jayasudha, Shanvi Srivastava, Kishore and Tanikella Bharani in pivotal roles.
Photo credit: PR handout
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories