Box Office: 'Rowdy' Performs Well; 'Legend' Ends 2nd Week on Decent Note
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 11, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Balakrishna's "Legend" and Mohan Babu's "Rowdy."
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu
The Balakrishna starrer, which released on 28 March, has ended its second week on a decent note.
The action entertainer is estimated to have earned ₹28 crore share from AP/Nizam in two weeks and its worldwide share is estimated to be over ₹33 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
"Legend" has surpassed Balakrishna's "Simha" full run worldwide collections, which amounts to ₹31.48 crore. The film has turned out to be the biggest earner in Balakrishna's career till now.
While the first two weeks have been good for "Legend," it might not be the same in its third week. With Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" having released on Friday (11 April), the business of "Legend" is likely to get affected. The film's collections are expected to drop in the third week.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna in dual roles. Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte and Brahmanandam appear in pivotal roles. The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, while 14 Reels Entertainment has produced the action-packed entertainer.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" has managed to break even in its opening weekend at the box office. The film, which hit the screens on 4 April, received decent reviews from critics and from the audience.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu's performance won accolades from all sections of people. The film took a decent opening weekend and continued to perform well in the first week. The film's producers have revealed that they have made money in the opening weekend itself.
"It is definitely a good summer for all of us and we are thrilled to state that we have made money in the opening weekend itself with ticket sales surpassing our expectation in all the cities the film released. This was possible because of the tight budget we had worked on this Film," the producers said in a press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is an action entertainer set in the backdrop of faction-ridden Rayalaseema region. The film has Jayasudha, Shanvi Srivastava, Kishore and Tanikella Bharani in pivotal roles.
Photo credit: PR handout
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists