Box Office: 'Rowdy' Performs Well; 'Legend' Ends 2nd Week on Decent Note
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 11, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Balakrishna's "Legend" and Mohan Babu's "Rowdy."
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu
The Balakrishna starrer, which released on 28 March, has ended its second week on a decent note.
The action entertainer is estimated to have earned ₹28 crore share from AP/Nizam in two weeks and its worldwide share is estimated to be over ₹33 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
"Legend" has surpassed Balakrishna's "Simha" full run worldwide collections, which amounts to ₹31.48 crore. The film has turned out to be the biggest earner in Balakrishna's career till now.
While the first two weeks have been good for "Legend," it might not be the same in its third week. With Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" having released on Friday (11 April), the business of "Legend" is likely to get affected. The film's collections are expected to drop in the third week.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna in dual roles. Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte and Brahmanandam appear in pivotal roles. The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, while 14 Reels Entertainment has produced the action-packed entertainer.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" has managed to break even in its opening weekend at the box office. The film, which hit the screens on 4 April, received decent reviews from critics and from the audience.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu's performance won accolades from all sections of people. The film took a decent opening weekend and continued to perform well in the first week. The film's producers have revealed that they have made money in the opening weekend itself.
"It is definitely a good summer for all of us and we are thrilled to state that we have made money in the opening weekend itself with ticket sales surpassing our expectation in all the cities the film released. This was possible because of the tight budget we had worked on this Film," the producers said in a press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is an action entertainer set in the backdrop of faction-ridden Rayalaseema region. The film has Jayasudha, Shanvi Srivastava, Kishore and Tanikella Bharani in pivotal roles.
Photo credit: PR handout
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop