Box Office: 'Rowdy' Performs Well; 'Legend' Ends 2nd Week on Decent Note
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 11, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Balakrishna's "Legend" and Mohan Babu's "Rowdy."
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu
The Balakrishna starrer, which released on 28 March, has ended its second week on a decent note.
The action entertainer is estimated to have earned ₹28 crore share from AP/Nizam in two weeks and its worldwide share is estimated to be over ₹33 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
"Legend" has surpassed Balakrishna's "Simha" full run worldwide collections, which amounts to ₹31.48 crore. The film has turned out to be the biggest earner in Balakrishna's career till now.
While the first two weeks have been good for "Legend," it might not be the same in its third week. With Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" having released on Friday (11 April), the business of "Legend" is likely to get affected. The film's collections are expected to drop in the third week.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna in dual roles. Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte and Brahmanandam appear in pivotal roles. The film's music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad, while 14 Reels Entertainment has produced the action-packed entertainer.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" has managed to break even in its opening weekend at the box office. The film, which hit the screens on 4 April, received decent reviews from critics and from the audience.
Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu's performance won accolades from all sections of people. The film took a decent opening weekend and continued to perform well in the first week. The film's producers have revealed that they have made money in the opening weekend itself.
"It is definitely a good summer for all of us and we are thrilled to state that we have made money in the opening weekend itself with ticket sales surpassing our expectation in all the cities the film released. This was possible because of the tight budget we had worked on this Film," the producers said in a press release.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is an action entertainer set in the backdrop of faction-ridden Rayalaseema region. The film has Jayasudha, Shanvi Srivastava, Kishore and Tanikella Bharani in pivotal roles.
Photo credit: PR handout
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga