'Deliver Us From Evil' Trailer Released: Things to Know about Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez and Olivia Munn's New Horror Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 11, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Hearts may skip a beat as the new horror movie "Deliver Us From Evil," starring Eric Bana and Edgar Ramirez with Olivia Munn, Sean Harris and Joel McHale, brings its audience to a whole new world of exorcism.
Actress Olivia Munn arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
But wait, before people react to the word "exorcism," which has become an overrated word since horror movies sporting the same genre start flopping on cinemas, audience should watch the trailer first because "Deliver Us From Evil" apparently has a totally different take on it as it is based on the "actual accounts" of New York Police Department Sergeant Ralph Sarchie, played by Eric Bana.
The new international trailer released by Sony Pictures Entertainment gives its audience a heart-thumping sneak peek of what is to come later on the big screens. The new horror movie is more on the gory side, a lot on the uptake of "exorcism," from the beginning till end, and has on an action-packed encounter with two kinds of evil, which is according to the trailer are: "secondary evil" (the evil the men do) and "primary evil."
"Every culture, every religion, has practiced exorcism," priest Mendoza (Edgar Ramirez) can be heard telling Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana) on the trailer.
The trailer goes on showing several instances of evil working to destroy people, and the character of Bana later goes out and tries to defeat the evil as his wife (Olivia Munn) and child face danger.
"New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city."
Trivia [Source]: "Mark Wahlberg was offered the lead role but he declined."
From the director of two successful horror movies "Exorcism of Emily Rose" in 2005 and "Sinister" in 2012, Scott Derrickson has a reputation that audience expects from "Deliver Us From Evil."
"Deliver Us From Evil" hits theatres on July 2, 2014.
WATCH: Official International Trailer of "Deliver Us From Evil" [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes