'Deliver Us From Evil' Trailer Released: Things to Know about Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez and Olivia Munn's New Horror Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 11, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Hearts may skip a beat as the new horror movie "Deliver Us From Evil," starring Eric Bana and Edgar Ramirez with Olivia Munn, Sean Harris and Joel McHale, brings its audience to a whole new world of exorcism.
Actress Olivia Munn arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
But wait, before people react to the word "exorcism," which has become an overrated word since horror movies sporting the same genre start flopping on cinemas, audience should watch the trailer first because "Deliver Us From Evil" apparently has a totally different take on it as it is based on the "actual accounts" of New York Police Department Sergeant Ralph Sarchie, played by Eric Bana.
The new international trailer released by Sony Pictures Entertainment gives its audience a heart-thumping sneak peek of what is to come later on the big screens. The new horror movie is more on the gory side, a lot on the uptake of "exorcism," from the beginning till end, and has on an action-packed encounter with two kinds of evil, which is according to the trailer are: "secondary evil" (the evil the men do) and "primary evil."
"Every culture, every religion, has practiced exorcism," priest Mendoza (Edgar Ramirez) can be heard telling Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana) on the trailer.
The trailer goes on showing several instances of evil working to destroy people, and the character of Bana later goes out and tries to defeat the evil as his wife (Olivia Munn) and child face danger.
"New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city."
Trivia [Source]: "Mark Wahlberg was offered the lead role but he declined."
From the director of two successful horror movies "Exorcism of Emily Rose" in 2005 and "Sinister" in 2012, Scott Derrickson has a reputation that audience expects from "Deliver Us From Evil."
"Deliver Us From Evil" hits theatres on July 2, 2014.
WATCH: Official International Trailer of "Deliver Us From Evil" [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June