'Deliver Us From Evil' Trailer Released: Things to Know about Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez and Olivia Munn's New Horror Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 11, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Hearts may skip a beat as the new horror movie "Deliver Us From Evil," starring Eric Bana and Edgar Ramirez with Olivia Munn, Sean Harris and Joel McHale, brings its audience to a whole new world of exorcism.
Actress Olivia Munn arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
But wait, before people react to the word "exorcism," which has become an overrated word since horror movies sporting the same genre start flopping on cinemas, audience should watch the trailer first because "Deliver Us From Evil" apparently has a totally different take on it as it is based on the "actual accounts" of New York Police Department Sergeant Ralph Sarchie, played by Eric Bana.
The new international trailer released by Sony Pictures Entertainment gives its audience a heart-thumping sneak peek of what is to come later on the big screens. The new horror movie is more on the gory side, a lot on the uptake of "exorcism," from the beginning till end, and has on an action-packed encounter with two kinds of evil, which is according to the trailer are: "secondary evil" (the evil the men do) and "primary evil."
"Every culture, every religion, has practiced exorcism," priest Mendoza (Edgar Ramirez) can be heard telling Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana) on the trailer.
The trailer goes on showing several instances of evil working to destroy people, and the character of Bana later goes out and tries to defeat the evil as his wife (Olivia Munn) and child face danger.
"New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city."
Trivia [Source]: "Mark Wahlberg was offered the lead role but he declined."
From the director of two successful horror movies "Exorcism of Emily Rose" in 2005 and "Sinister" in 2012, Scott Derrickson has a reputation that audience expects from "Deliver Us From Evil."
"Deliver Us From Evil" hits theatres on July 2, 2014.
WATCH: Official International Trailer of "Deliver Us From Evil" [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks