'Deliver Us From Evil' Trailer Released: Things to Know about Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez and Olivia Munn's New Horror Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 11, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Hearts may skip a beat as the new horror movie "Deliver Us From Evil," starring Eric Bana and Edgar Ramirez with Olivia Munn, Sean Harris and Joel McHale, brings its audience to a whole new world of exorcism.
Actress Olivia Munn arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
But wait, before people react to the word "exorcism," which has become an overrated word since horror movies sporting the same genre start flopping on cinemas, audience should watch the trailer first because "Deliver Us From Evil" apparently has a totally different take on it as it is based on the "actual accounts" of New York Police Department Sergeant Ralph Sarchie, played by Eric Bana.
The new international trailer released by Sony Pictures Entertainment gives its audience a heart-thumping sneak peek of what is to come later on the big screens. The new horror movie is more on the gory side, a lot on the uptake of "exorcism," from the beginning till end, and has on an action-packed encounter with two kinds of evil, which is according to the trailer are: "secondary evil" (the evil the men do) and "primary evil."
"Every culture, every religion, has practiced exorcism," priest Mendoza (Edgar Ramirez) can be heard telling Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana) on the trailer.
The trailer goes on showing several instances of evil working to destroy people, and the character of Bana later goes out and tries to defeat the evil as his wife (Olivia Munn) and child face danger.
"New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city."
Trivia [Source]: "Mark Wahlberg was offered the lead role but he declined."
From the director of two successful horror movies "Exorcism of Emily Rose" in 2005 and "Sinister" in 2012, Scott Derrickson has a reputation that audience expects from "Deliver Us From Evil."
"Deliver Us From Evil" hits theatres on July 2, 2014.
WATCH: Official International Trailer of "Deliver Us From Evil" [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying