'22 Jump Street' New Red-Band Trailer Released: See What Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill Are Up To This Time [WATCH]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 11, 2014 3:17 PM EST
Game on! Jenko and Schmidt just gave us another reason to stand in line and wait for the corn to pop.
Sony Pictures Entertainment just released the final and new three-minute red-band trailer for the movie "22 Jump Street," following the success of "21 Jump Street," starring Channing Tatum (Jenko) and Jonah Hill (Schmidt).
The positive response to "21 Jump Street" had been apparent after it received 85% likes from critics and 82% likes from users on Rotten Tomatoes. The reportedly "Johnny Depp career-launching '80s TV show" adaptation had been a well-liked movie that directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller showed no such qualms after announcing that the 2012 comedy movie will have a sequel.
The excitement quickly built up after the "22 Jump Street" first trailer was released, and now the new red-band trailer is making its way to stardom as Tatum and Hill take on new roles from their high school shenanigans to college undercover students.
The duo finally graduated from high school, as they aren't really looking any younger, and decide to head to a college campus to haunt the perp. The trailer shows Jenko and Schmidt holding hands, unloading a couple of stuff from hot plate to a bean bag chair, setting off jokes, letting bad words fly and a couple more hilarious moves.
Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are, once again, showing their expertise on "22 Jump Street." The hilarious duo Jenko and Schmidt definitely know how to catch their audience with their exceptional capability to recreate normal happenings to exceptional over the top scenes.
"After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) when they go deep undercover at a local college. But when Jenko meets a kindred spirit on the football team, and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, they begin to question their partnership," Sony Pictures Entertainment wrote.
Joining Tatum and Hill are actors Dave Franco, Ice Cube, Peter Stormare, Ashlyn McEvers and more. "22 Jump Street" will be released in theatres on June 13, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies