Lorde Not a Fan of ‘Game of Thrones’
By Anne Lu | April 11, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Lorde isn’t a fan of “Game of Thrones.” The Kiwi singer loves watching television series while on tour, but said that the highly popular fantasy show isn’t one of her choices.
Author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series \"Game of Thrones\" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The fourth season of the HBO series began on Sunday, prompting a few Aussies to subscribe to Foxtel and a whole lot of them to download the show from Torrent sites.
The Grammy Award-winning teen from the neighbouring New Zealand isn’t one of them, though.
“I don’t watch Game of Thones,” Lorde was quoted by the Sydney Morning Herald as saying.
“I feel like it would be weird because I’m not super into that fantasy TV. I watch Sopranos, I watch Mad Men.”
Her fellow Kiwis don’t share her sentiment, though. Before the season premiere of the show, the local SKY TV New Zealand has even erected a life-size statue of King Joffrey in Auckland, only to give viewers a chance to behead it.
But anyway, even if she doesn’t join in the fun of watching the residents of Westeros and Essos duke it out, Lorde, whose real name is Ella Yelich-O’Connor, still thinks that watching TV is a must while she’s on tour.
“The thing is having a TV is super important on tour because sometimes you spend 20 hours in transit and it’s a really good time to burn through a lot of episodes of a TV show,” she said.
“I’m watching Friday Night Lights at the moment.”
Lorde was just announced as a nominee at the Billboard Music Awards. She and the American alt-rock band Imagine Dragons both lead the list with 12 nods each.
She is nominated for a handful of categories, including Top New Artist, Top Female Artist, and Top Rock Artist.
Head of corporate affairs Bruce Meagher wrote a letter on Mumbrella, reprimanding Aussies for pirating the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy