Lorde Not a Fan of ‘Game of Thrones’
By Anne Lu | April 11, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Lorde isn’t a fan of “Game of Thrones.” The Kiwi singer loves watching television series while on tour, but said that the highly popular fantasy show isn’t one of her choices.
Author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series \"Game of Thrones\" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The fourth season of the HBO series began on Sunday, prompting a few Aussies to subscribe to Foxtel and a whole lot of them to download the show from Torrent sites.
The Grammy Award-winning teen from the neighbouring New Zealand isn’t one of them, though.
“I don’t watch Game of Thones,” Lorde was quoted by the Sydney Morning Herald as saying.
“I feel like it would be weird because I’m not super into that fantasy TV. I watch Sopranos, I watch Mad Men.”
Her fellow Kiwis don’t share her sentiment, though. Before the season premiere of the show, the local SKY TV New Zealand has even erected a life-size statue of King Joffrey in Auckland, only to give viewers a chance to behead it.
But anyway, even if she doesn’t join in the fun of watching the residents of Westeros and Essos duke it out, Lorde, whose real name is Ella Yelich-O’Connor, still thinks that watching TV is a must while she’s on tour.
“The thing is having a TV is super important on tour because sometimes you spend 20 hours in transit and it’s a really good time to burn through a lot of episodes of a TV show,” she said.
“I’m watching Friday Night Lights at the moment.”
Lorde was just announced as a nominee at the Billboard Music Awards. She and the American alt-rock band Imagine Dragons both lead the list with 12 nods each.
She is nominated for a handful of categories, including Top New Artist, Top Female Artist, and Top Rock Artist.
Head of corporate affairs Bruce Meagher wrote a letter on Mumbrella, reprimanding Aussies for pirating the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate