Supporters Pour Over Facebook Plea on a Stolen Hat
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 11, 2014 2:51 PM EST
Social media users provided strong support to a plea which circulated around Facebook on an anguished mom whose desire is to be sentimentally reconciled to her demised baby.
In the post with the hastag #findisobelhat, the 29-year old Mom Katie McGregor described that she always carried with her the tiny red hat that her premature daughter Isobel was wearing during her death. Isobel was just 22 weeks when it passed away on January 26, 2013.
In a matter of few days, social media users have taken action to expressed their support on the sustainability consultant's Facebook appeal. Over 1,000 people already joined in Ms. McGregor's Facebook group while more than 10,000 people have retweeted it on their Twitter accounts. The supporters only have heartwarming comments to the heartbroken mom.
The post read, "I have carried Isobel's hat with me every day since and now it's gone and I desperately need it back."
The sentimental item was among the other things inside a Carpe Denim leather satchel bag placed inside a black laptop bag which was nabbed by a thief outside The Carpenters Arms, Whitfield Street in Central London, United Kingdom on April 2 at 9:30 in the evening.
In a report from Metro, Ms. McGregor stated: "Nothing else matters - the laptop, phones, everything else they can have, just please, please give me my angel's hat back." She added that she can't explain how much the memorabilia means to her and that she can't bear to have it back.
She described the thief as about 5 feet 8 inches tall. He had a greasy black chin level hair which was parted at the center. The guy was wearing FILA sports jacket with red and white color. He was also wearing jeans, trainers and thick black rimmed strong glasses. He was holding a bag and an Oyster card.
Ms. Mcgregor thinks that the guy carried the stolen bag towards Goodge Street Station or Warren Street.
Police attempts were still unable to bring back the sentimental hat to Miss McGregor so the pleas still continue on the social media. Concerned citizens with any information are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org or to call the police on 101 with the incident number 10725/02APR14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate