Supporters Pour Over Facebook Plea on a Stolen Hat
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 11, 2014 2:51 PM EST
Social media users provided strong support to a plea which circulated around Facebook on an anguished mom whose desire is to be sentimentally reconciled to her demised baby.
In the post with the hastag #findisobelhat, the 29-year old Mom Katie McGregor described that she always carried with her the tiny red hat that her premature daughter Isobel was wearing during her death. Isobel was just 22 weeks when it passed away on January 26, 2013.
In a matter of few days, social media users have taken action to expressed their support on the sustainability consultant's Facebook appeal. Over 1,000 people already joined in Ms. McGregor's Facebook group while more than 10,000 people have retweeted it on their Twitter accounts. The supporters only have heartwarming comments to the heartbroken mom.
The post read, "I have carried Isobel's hat with me every day since and now it's gone and I desperately need it back."
The sentimental item was among the other things inside a Carpe Denim leather satchel bag placed inside a black laptop bag which was nabbed by a thief outside The Carpenters Arms, Whitfield Street in Central London, United Kingdom on April 2 at 9:30 in the evening.
In a report from Metro, Ms. McGregor stated: "Nothing else matters - the laptop, phones, everything else they can have, just please, please give me my angel's hat back." She added that she can't explain how much the memorabilia means to her and that she can't bear to have it back.
She described the thief as about 5 feet 8 inches tall. He had a greasy black chin level hair which was parted at the center. The guy was wearing FILA sports jacket with red and white color. He was also wearing jeans, trainers and thick black rimmed strong glasses. He was holding a bag and an Oyster card.
Ms. Mcgregor thinks that the guy carried the stolen bag towards Goodge Street Station or Warren Street.
Police attempts were still unable to bring back the sentimental hat to Miss McGregor so the pleas still continue on the social media. Concerned citizens with any information are encouraged to email email@example.com or to call the police on 101 with the incident number 10725/02APR14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Video: Man's Privates Gets Exposed For the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- James Foley's Family and Boss Reject Syrian Claim of Foley Killed A Year Ago
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- Perth Train Racist Attack Caught on Camera [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza