Supporters Pour Over Facebook Plea on a Stolen Hat
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 11, 2014 2:51 PM EST
Social media users provided strong support to a plea which circulated around Facebook on an anguished mom whose desire is to be sentimentally reconciled to her demised baby.
In the post with the hastag #findisobelhat, the 29-year old Mom Katie McGregor described that she always carried with her the tiny red hat that her premature daughter Isobel was wearing during her death. Isobel was just 22 weeks when it passed away on January 26, 2013.
In a matter of few days, social media users have taken action to expressed their support on the sustainability consultant's Facebook appeal. Over 1,000 people already joined in Ms. McGregor's Facebook group while more than 10,000 people have retweeted it on their Twitter accounts. The supporters only have heartwarming comments to the heartbroken mom.
The post read, "I have carried Isobel's hat with me every day since and now it's gone and I desperately need it back."
The sentimental item was among the other things inside a Carpe Denim leather satchel bag placed inside a black laptop bag which was nabbed by a thief outside The Carpenters Arms, Whitfield Street in Central London, United Kingdom on April 2 at 9:30 in the evening.
In a report from Metro, Ms. McGregor stated: "Nothing else matters - the laptop, phones, everything else they can have, just please, please give me my angel's hat back." She added that she can't explain how much the memorabilia means to her and that she can't bear to have it back.
She described the thief as about 5 feet 8 inches tall. He had a greasy black chin level hair which was parted at the center. The guy was wearing FILA sports jacket with red and white color. He was also wearing jeans, trainers and thick black rimmed strong glasses. He was holding a bag and an Oyster card.
Ms. Mcgregor thinks that the guy carried the stolen bag towards Goodge Street Station or Warren Street.
Police attempts were still unable to bring back the sentimental hat to Miss McGregor so the pleas still continue on the social media. Concerned citizens with any information are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org or to call the police on 101 with the incident number 10725/02APR14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet