Supporters Pour Over Facebook Plea on a Stolen Hat
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 11, 2014 2:51 PM EST
Social media users provided strong support to a plea which circulated around Facebook on an anguished mom whose desire is to be sentimentally reconciled to her demised baby.
In the post with the hastag #findisobelhat, the 29-year old Mom Katie McGregor described that she always carried with her the tiny red hat that her premature daughter Isobel was wearing during her death. Isobel was just 22 weeks when it passed away on January 26, 2013.
In a matter of few days, social media users have taken action to expressed their support on the sustainability consultant's Facebook appeal. Over 1,000 people already joined in Ms. McGregor's Facebook group while more than 10,000 people have retweeted it on their Twitter accounts. The supporters only have heartwarming comments to the heartbroken mom.
The post read, "I have carried Isobel's hat with me every day since and now it's gone and I desperately need it back."
The sentimental item was among the other things inside a Carpe Denim leather satchel bag placed inside a black laptop bag which was nabbed by a thief outside The Carpenters Arms, Whitfield Street in Central London, United Kingdom on April 2 at 9:30 in the evening.
In a report from Metro, Ms. McGregor stated: "Nothing else matters - the laptop, phones, everything else they can have, just please, please give me my angel's hat back." She added that she can't explain how much the memorabilia means to her and that she can't bear to have it back.
She described the thief as about 5 feet 8 inches tall. He had a greasy black chin level hair which was parted at the center. The guy was wearing FILA sports jacket with red and white color. He was also wearing jeans, trainers and thick black rimmed strong glasses. He was holding a bag and an Oyster card.
Ms. Mcgregor thinks that the guy carried the stolen bag towards Goodge Street Station or Warren Street.
Police attempts were still unable to bring back the sentimental hat to Miss McGregor so the pleas still continue on the social media. Concerned citizens with any information are encouraged to email email@example.com or to call the police on 101 with the incident number 10725/02APR14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists