Supporters Pour Over Facebook Plea on a Stolen Hat
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 11, 2014 2:51 PM EST
Social media users provided strong support to a plea which circulated around Facebook on an anguished mom whose desire is to be sentimentally reconciled to her demised baby.
In the post with the hastag #findisobelhat, the 29-year old Mom Katie McGregor described that she always carried with her the tiny red hat that her premature daughter Isobel was wearing during her death. Isobel was just 22 weeks when it passed away on January 26, 2013.
In a matter of few days, social media users have taken action to expressed their support on the sustainability consultant's Facebook appeal. Over 1,000 people already joined in Ms. McGregor's Facebook group while more than 10,000 people have retweeted it on their Twitter accounts. The supporters only have heartwarming comments to the heartbroken mom.
The post read, "I have carried Isobel's hat with me every day since and now it's gone and I desperately need it back."
The sentimental item was among the other things inside a Carpe Denim leather satchel bag placed inside a black laptop bag which was nabbed by a thief outside The Carpenters Arms, Whitfield Street in Central London, United Kingdom on April 2 at 9:30 in the evening.
In a report from Metro, Ms. McGregor stated: "Nothing else matters - the laptop, phones, everything else they can have, just please, please give me my angel's hat back." She added that she can't explain how much the memorabilia means to her and that she can't bear to have it back.
She described the thief as about 5 feet 8 inches tall. He had a greasy black chin level hair which was parted at the center. The guy was wearing FILA sports jacket with red and white color. He was also wearing jeans, trainers and thick black rimmed strong glasses. He was holding a bag and an Oyster card.
Ms. Mcgregor thinks that the guy carried the stolen bag towards Goodge Street Station or Warren Street.
Police attempts were still unable to bring back the sentimental hat to Miss McGregor so the pleas still continue on the social media. Concerned citizens with any information are encouraged to email email@example.com or to call the police on 101 with the incident number 10725/02APR14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft