iPhone 6 Phablet Guns For Christmas Release as Production Starts in September
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 11, 2014 2:46 PM EST
iPhone 6 phablet release date is set on Christmas as its production to start in September.
G for Games cited Taiwan's Industrial and Commercial Times claimed Apple plans to begin mass production of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in July with the larger 5.5-inch version to enter mass production in September.
iPhone 6 concept
The report went on saying the two next-generation iPhones will be on sale later this year. But the 4.7-inch iPhone will be rolled out and released earlier than the 5.5-inch iPhone. Speculations stemmed from a Reuters report saying Apple will start the production of the 4.7-inch iPhone in May to meet its fall release date.
Meanwhile, the 5.5-inch phablet release date will be delayed due to the issues and difficulties in integrating the in-cell production technology. The report noted production of the 5.5-inch will commence months later after 4.7-inch.
Also, a report from the Japanese newspaper Nikkei circulated in the previous month saying iPhone 6 release date could come "as early as September" and will be offered in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch display sizes.
The 5.5-inch model will sport a higher pixel resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 or 401 pixels per inch. The 4.7-inch variant will sport a 1,334 x 750 screen resolution or 326 ppi to maintain scalability with existing apps.
Apple remains tight-lipped when it comes to the official specs and features of the upcoming iPhone 6. But it was long rumored the company will release a larger smartphone to enter the phablet category.
Reports claimed iPhone 6 will come in two variants - one with 4.7 inches screen panel and the other with 5.5 inches display. Other rumored features of the Apple handset were faster A8 processor, iOS 8 and touchID fingerprint sensor.
Regarding iPhone 6 release date, Apple has not announced the official launch of iPhone 6 yet. But speculations claimed the device will arrive in June at the Worldwide Developers' Conference alongside a new operating system. Other reports claimed the handset will arrive in September or October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast