iPhone 6 Phablet Guns For Christmas Release as Production Starts in September
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 11, 2014 2:46 PM EST
iPhone 6 phablet release date is set on Christmas as its production to start in September.
G for Games cited Taiwan's Industrial and Commercial Times claimed Apple plans to begin mass production of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in July with the larger 5.5-inch version to enter mass production in September.
iPhone 6 concept
The report went on saying the two next-generation iPhones will be on sale later this year. But the 4.7-inch iPhone will be rolled out and released earlier than the 5.5-inch iPhone. Speculations stemmed from a Reuters report saying Apple will start the production of the 4.7-inch iPhone in May to meet its fall release date.
Meanwhile, the 5.5-inch phablet release date will be delayed due to the issues and difficulties in integrating the in-cell production technology. The report noted production of the 5.5-inch will commence months later after 4.7-inch.
Also, a report from the Japanese newspaper Nikkei circulated in the previous month saying iPhone 6 release date could come "as early as September" and will be offered in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch display sizes.
The 5.5-inch model will sport a higher pixel resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 or 401 pixels per inch. The 4.7-inch variant will sport a 1,334 x 750 screen resolution or 326 ppi to maintain scalability with existing apps.
Apple remains tight-lipped when it comes to the official specs and features of the upcoming iPhone 6. But it was long rumored the company will release a larger smartphone to enter the phablet category.
Reports claimed iPhone 6 will come in two variants - one with 4.7 inches screen panel and the other with 5.5 inches display. Other rumored features of the Apple handset were faster A8 processor, iOS 8 and touchID fingerprint sensor.
Regarding iPhone 6 release date, Apple has not announced the official launch of iPhone 6 yet. But speculations claimed the device will arrive in June at the Worldwide Developers' Conference alongside a new operating system. Other reports claimed the handset will arrive in September or October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit