Charlie Hunnam Suits Up for His Birthday in a Funeral, ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Biker Filming ‘Crimson Peak’ in Ontario
By Riza Ornos | April 11, 2014 2:35 PM EST
British thespian Charlie Hunnam spent his 34th birthday in a funeral while filming his upcoming thriller movie with "Pacific Rim" director Guillermo del Toro. After shaving her "Sons of Anarchy" scruff, the SACMRO president is letting go of his bad boy biker look for "Crimson Peak" as he plays the quiet and clean shaven Dr. Alan McMichael.
Charlie Hunnam's neighbors witnessed fans leaving inner garments on his doorknob.(Reuters)
The "Sons of Anarchy" star looked every inch an English gentleman in his brown suit and coat with brown fedora while filming a funeral scene on the film's Ontario set. Gone is the tattooed biker Jax Teller, Hunnam is looking fabulously hot at 34 and fans are loving his new look.
Fans both young and old flocked the "Crimson Peak" set as they bring cheers and gifts to the birthday boy. The "man of mayhem" happily obliged them with autographs and pictures as the 34-year-old hunk ditches his Harley-Davidson and reunites with del Toro.
Set in 19th century Cumbria, "Crimson Peak" also stars Mia Wasikowska who plays gothic romance author Edith Cushing who discovered that her husband is not what he appears to be. "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston plays the charming husband with a secret Sir Thoman Sharpe, and Hunnam will play as another love interest of the female lead.
The big screen ghost story also stars two-time Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain who gave her fans a behind-the-scenes glimpse of herself undergoing a full-body lifecast. "I was completely helpless. Thankfully, no one decided to play a joke on me," captioned Jessica on her Facebook post. "It was a long process, but with the team at DDT, I had a blast. I cant wait to work with my friends; Guillermo Del Toro, Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska. Prepare to be scared."
"[Crimson Peak] has moments that are very visceral, physical violence," says director Guillermo del Toro in an interview with Screen Rant. "You're in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you're like, "Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments."
Fortunately, the Newcastle-born actor is very much familiar with the setting of the film as he graduate in Cumbria College of Art and Design, the place where also studied film and acting. But since Northern England is way too far to put a set, Canada doubles for the 19th century Cumbria while shooting a scene on Thursday, April 10.
"Sons of Anarchy" Season 7 returns on FX for its final season on September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October