Charlie Hunnam Suits Up for His Birthday in a Funeral, ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Biker Filming ‘Crimson Peak’ in Ontario
By Riza Ornos | April 11, 2014 2:35 PM EST
British thespian Charlie Hunnam spent his 34th birthday in a funeral while filming his upcoming thriller movie with "Pacific Rim" director Guillermo del Toro. After shaving her "Sons of Anarchy" scruff, the SACMRO president is letting go of his bad boy biker look for "Crimson Peak" as he plays the quiet and clean shaven Dr. Alan McMichael.
Charlie Hunnam's neighbors witnessed fans leaving inner garments on his doorknob.(Reuters)
The "Sons of Anarchy" star looked every inch an English gentleman in his brown suit and coat with brown fedora while filming a funeral scene on the film's Ontario set. Gone is the tattooed biker Jax Teller, Hunnam is looking fabulously hot at 34 and fans are loving his new look.
Fans both young and old flocked the "Crimson Peak" set as they bring cheers and gifts to the birthday boy. The "man of mayhem" happily obliged them with autographs and pictures as the 34-year-old hunk ditches his Harley-Davidson and reunites with del Toro.
Set in 19th century Cumbria, "Crimson Peak" also stars Mia Wasikowska who plays gothic romance author Edith Cushing who discovered that her husband is not what he appears to be. "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston plays the charming husband with a secret Sir Thoman Sharpe, and Hunnam will play as another love interest of the female lead.
The big screen ghost story also stars two-time Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain who gave her fans a behind-the-scenes glimpse of herself undergoing a full-body lifecast. "I was completely helpless. Thankfully, no one decided to play a joke on me," captioned Jessica on her Facebook post. "It was a long process, but with the team at DDT, I had a blast. I cant wait to work with my friends; Guillermo Del Toro, Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska. Prepare to be scared."
"[Crimson Peak] has moments that are very visceral, physical violence," says director Guillermo del Toro in an interview with Screen Rant. "You're in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you're like, "Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments."
Fortunately, the Newcastle-born actor is very much familiar with the setting of the film as he graduate in Cumbria College of Art and Design, the place where also studied film and acting. But since Northern England is way too far to put a set, Canada doubles for the 19th century Cumbria while shooting a scene on Thursday, April 10.
"Sons of Anarchy" Season 7 returns on FX for its final season on September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia