Shailene Woodley and Theo James Dating; Real or For ‘Reel?’
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 11, 2014 1:36 PM EST
There is no denying that Shailene Woodley and Theo James playing in their roles as Tris and Four in the recent film "Divergent" share a great chemistry. However, questions are surfacing about the real score of both stars relationship following their kissing scene in the movie.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
The success of "Divergent" in box office sales and amassing a whole new league of fan base grew plenty of hopefuls that the on-screen relationship of the actors will be true in real life. The thing is, Theo James has a girlfriend, the Irish actress Ruth Kearney whom the actor has been dating for 5 years now.
Theo James is rarely seen with Kearney these days as he is often spotted with Woodley. This is supposedly normal because of the hectic schedule of the actor flying in different countries for the red carpet premiere of "Divergent." The film got a strong opening in Australia on April 10 and continue to rake viewers adding a hefty amount for its worldwide gross. As of April 9, IMDb records $116,600,609 in sales in the U.S. market.
Theo James and Shailene Woodley admitted on being comfortable with one another and they even practiced for their kissing scene on set to ensure that they will get the shot. In a report from a source, James said that he "wanted to practice the kissing scene with Shai as much as possible," because they want to make the scene to look real, and not full of cheese, thus they have to get rid of the awkwardness.
Fans could not be blamed to assume that there is something going on with the "Divergent" stars. While promoting their film in various media outlets as well as on other appearances, the co-stars have been generous with PDA's; hugging each other on the red carpet, and James protectively covering Woodley with his arms on the private screening of the film in California back in March.
Whether the "Divergent" actors are growing feelings for one another, or they are "just friends," there are lot of the on-screen couple to be seen. The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" is on pre-production and there is more time for Theo James and Shailene Woodley to be together until they finish the trilogy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6