Human Barbie Doll Valeria Lukyanova Advocates Plastic Surgery?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 11, 2014 1:30 PM EST
Human Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova advocates the use of plastic surgery.
According to RYOT.org, Valeria Lukyanova said that plastic surgery is the answer to the degeneration of beauty due to mixing of races and ethnicities.
This controversial claim was brought up by the Human Barbie's interview with Russia's GQ magazine. When asked about beauty, Valeria answered, "Everyone wants a slim figure. Everyone gets breasts done. Everyone fixes up their face if it's not ideal, you know? That's because of the race-mixing."
"For example, a Russian marries an Armenian. They have a kid, a cute girl, but she has her dad's nose. She goes and files it down a little, and it's all good. Ethnicities are mixing now, so there's degeneration, and it didn't used to be like that. Remember how many beautiful women there were in the 1950s and 1960s, without any surgery? And now, thanks to degeneration, we have this," she quickly added.
This implied that surgery could fix the degeneration of beauty standards according to Valeria. In the past, Valeria Lukyanova furiously denied that she went under the knife to achieve her looks. She has done one boob job to increase the size of her breasts and insisted that she used make up to make herself look like the Mattel's favourite girl toy.
This may send a wrong message to young girls thinking that beauty means looking like the all-American girl with platinum hair and tiny waist.
The interview also shed light on Valeria's child bearing beliefs. The Ukranian model and singer has a husband but no kids. She said she'd rather die from torture than have kids.
"The very idea of having children brings out this deep revulsion in me. Most people have children to fulfil their own ambitions, not to give anything. I'd rather die from torture because the worst thing in the world is to have a family lifestyle," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2