Xbox One’s Expected Update Features and Game History Marked by Atari Landfill Excavation
By Gel Galang | April 11, 2014 1:22 PM EST
The Xbox One's upcoming update is still a work in progress despite its availability for a handful of members with early access.
However, Major Nelson has announced via the Xbox Newswire that there are three additional features coming in with the update following some of the feedback from the members.
There's Blu-ray player support for 50 Hz video output and the update for the Blu-ray Player app for more improvements. As mentioned before, there will be firmware updates for the controller and the headset adaptor for better wireless connectivity.
The update will also allow for automatic updating and a return to standby once the update is complete, a feature that will be applied to all Xbox One units after the latest update commences.
Major Nelson does put a disclaimer wherein he says that not all features that have been previewed by those with early access may make it to launch since there will be tweaks and improvements following the deadline to ensure quality once it does roll out.
Atari Landfill Event Marks Gamer History
April 26 is a date to remember for those who are very much in the loop of gaming. Microsoft has announced and invited anyone who is interested to check out the excavation of the burial site of the video game "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial."
"Become a part of gamer history. Unearth the truth behind the ultimate urban legend."
This event stems from the time when the Atari Corporation had to deal with negative criticism for the "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" game, which then forced the company to supposedly bury millions of game cartridges in Alamogordo, New Mexico, way back in 1983.
Now, Xbox Entertainment Studios managed to be the part of the team that will document the excavation and showcase the truth behind the Atari legend.
As a spectator, gamers can get to watch the team as they uncover the game cartridge grave. They will also get a chance to see some of the known faces and names that have been tied to the project. And lucky gamers may find themselves one of the interviewees for the film.
The Alamogordo dig will happen from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm on April 26 at Alamogordo Landfill, 4276 Highway 54 S, Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310, which is near First Street and White Sands Boulevard.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage