Kate Middleton Pressured To Cut Hair By The Royal Family?
By Anne Lu | April 11, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Kate Middleton is reportedly being pressured into cutting off her hair by the royal family, and Prince George might just be the one to finally convince her to do that. The Duchess of Cambridge’s hair may be envied by non-royals like us, but the blue bloods allegedly find it a nuisance.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/James Whatling/Pool
When Kate and Prince William presented their eight-month-old bundle of joy to the public in New Zealand on Wednesday, it was clear that the precocious future king was as fond of his mummy’s soft locks as we are. He kept playing with it and even eating it.
Not everyone is happy with Kate’s long brunette hair, though. Her below the shoulder chestnut-brown hairstyle has prompted debate online whether she should favour a shorter cut.
According to them, her hair appeared unkempt during the Kiwi parents and babies’ meeting at the Government House in Wellington.
The Royal Family have also reportedly advised Prince William’s wife to consider getting a new hairstyle.
“Camilla has tried to help and advised her to go shorter and lighter,” a source told The Daily Star, via the Daily Mail. “The royals always want to look smart and Kate is letting the side down. She has looked bedraggled and it’s not a good image.”
London hairdresser Jo Hansford added that Kate “could get rid of a good six inches” off her hair.
The adorable episode on Wednesday, in which George kept on gripping his mother’s hair, may just be the thing to persuade Kate to cut off her famous locks.
Although her haircut doesn’t please everybody, it seems her choice of wardrobe does.
Her Tony Burch dress, which was specifically chosen for its black and white colour theme, the colours of New Zealand, was sold out within minutes of her playdate with George.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles