Kate Middleton Pressured To Cut Hair By The Royal Family?
By Anne Lu | April 11, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Kate Middleton is reportedly being pressured into cutting off her hair by the royal family, and Prince George might just be the one to finally convince her to do that. The Duchess of Cambridge’s hair may be envied by non-royals like us, but the blue bloods allegedly find it a nuisance.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/James Whatling/Pool
When Kate and Prince William presented their eight-month-old bundle of joy to the public in New Zealand on Wednesday, it was clear that the precocious future king was as fond of his mummy’s soft locks as we are. He kept playing with it and even eating it.
Not everyone is happy with Kate’s long brunette hair, though. Her below the shoulder chestnut-brown hairstyle has prompted debate online whether she should favour a shorter cut.
According to them, her hair appeared unkempt during the Kiwi parents and babies’ meeting at the Government House in Wellington.
The Royal Family have also reportedly advised Prince William’s wife to consider getting a new hairstyle.
“Camilla has tried to help and advised her to go shorter and lighter,” a source told The Daily Star, via the Daily Mail. “The royals always want to look smart and Kate is letting the side down. She has looked bedraggled and it’s not a good image.”
London hairdresser Jo Hansford added that Kate “could get rid of a good six inches” off her hair.
The adorable episode on Wednesday, in which George kept on gripping his mother’s hair, may just be the thing to persuade Kate to cut off her famous locks.
Although her haircut doesn’t please everybody, it seems her choice of wardrobe does.
Her Tony Burch dress, which was specifically chosen for its black and white colour theme, the colours of New Zealand, was sold out within minutes of her playdate with George.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools