Kate Middleton Pressured To Cut Hair By The Royal Family?
By Anne Lu | April 11, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Kate Middleton is reportedly being pressured into cutting off her hair by the royal family, and Prince George might just be the one to finally convince her to do that. The Duchess of Cambridge’s hair may be envied by non-royals like us, but the blue bloods allegedly find it a nuisance.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/James Whatling/Pool
When Kate and Prince William presented their eight-month-old bundle of joy to the public in New Zealand on Wednesday, it was clear that the precocious future king was as fond of his mummy’s soft locks as we are. He kept playing with it and even eating it.
Not everyone is happy with Kate’s long brunette hair, though. Her below the shoulder chestnut-brown hairstyle has prompted debate online whether she should favour a shorter cut.
According to them, her hair appeared unkempt during the Kiwi parents and babies’ meeting at the Government House in Wellington.
The Royal Family have also reportedly advised Prince William’s wife to consider getting a new hairstyle.
“Camilla has tried to help and advised her to go shorter and lighter,” a source told The Daily Star, via the Daily Mail. “The royals always want to look smart and Kate is letting the side down. She has looked bedraggled and it’s not a good image.”
London hairdresser Jo Hansford added that Kate “could get rid of a good six inches” off her hair.
The adorable episode on Wednesday, in which George kept on gripping his mother’s hair, may just be the thing to persuade Kate to cut off her famous locks.
Although her haircut doesn’t please everybody, it seems her choice of wardrobe does.
Her Tony Burch dress, which was specifically chosen for its black and white colour theme, the colours of New Zealand, was sold out within minutes of her playdate with George.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier