Kate Middleton Pressured To Cut Hair By The Royal Family?
By Anne Lu | April 11, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Kate Middleton is reportedly being pressured into cutting off her hair by the royal family, and Prince George might just be the one to finally convince her to do that. The Duchess of Cambridge’s hair may be envied by non-royals like us, but the blue bloods allegedly find it a nuisance.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/James Whatling/Pool
When Kate and Prince William presented their eight-month-old bundle of joy to the public in New Zealand on Wednesday, it was clear that the precocious future king was as fond of his mummy’s soft locks as we are. He kept playing with it and even eating it.
Not everyone is happy with Kate’s long brunette hair, though. Her below the shoulder chestnut-brown hairstyle has prompted debate online whether she should favour a shorter cut.
According to them, her hair appeared unkempt during the Kiwi parents and babies’ meeting at the Government House in Wellington.
The Royal Family have also reportedly advised Prince William’s wife to consider getting a new hairstyle.
“Camilla has tried to help and advised her to go shorter and lighter,” a source told The Daily Star, via the Daily Mail. “The royals always want to look smart and Kate is letting the side down. She has looked bedraggled and it’s not a good image.”
London hairdresser Jo Hansford added that Kate “could get rid of a good six inches” off her hair.
The adorable episode on Wednesday, in which George kept on gripping his mother’s hair, may just be the thing to persuade Kate to cut off her famous locks.
Although her haircut doesn’t please everybody, it seems her choice of wardrobe does.
Her Tony Burch dress, which was specifically chosen for its black and white colour theme, the colours of New Zealand, was sold out within minutes of her playdate with George.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation