Miley Cyrus was Bullied at School for Acne: 'I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down.'
By nidhi tewari | April 11, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Miley Cyrus is famous and a superbly confident pop star now but when she was young and in school, the "Wrecking Ball" songstress was bullied that caused her depression. The 21-year-old revealed to Elle Magazine that she suffered from severe acne problem as a child because of which her face looked nasty and she became the subject of ridicule at the school. She was bullied for it and became so depressed because of it that she locked herself in her room for quite some time.
Singer Miley Cyrus and her father Billy Ray Cyrus arrive at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
"I went through a time where I was really depressed. Like, I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down," Miley revealed during an interview with the latest issue of magazine, tvnz.co.nz is revealing.
"It was a lot to do with... I had really bad skin and I felt really bullied because of that," Miley added further.
The Nashville born songstress that went on to work with Disney as "Hannah Montana," which boosted her confidence and later became a solo singer. Miley is currently on "Bangerz" tour till July. She kicked off her tour in February and has entertained audience in each one of her concerts. It is hard to believe that the songstress once suffered from depression!
However, Miley is currently also in the state of depression but for a very different reason - the death of her favorite dog Floyd. The singer could not control her emotions when she heard the news of the death of her favorite pet and has broken down on Twitter. She even dedicated a song to Floyd in one of her concerts. The singer has also been gifted a new dog named Moonie by her mother Tish Cyrus but she says she is not yet ready to love it.
"I feel physically sick & I am so emotionally and physically exhausted I feel like I have nothing else to give sweet baby Moonie. Maybe I'm not ready yet.... But being alone won't bring him back to me..... I'm at a loss I don't know what to do (sic)," Miley wrote on her Twitter account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS