Miley Cyrus was Bullied at School for Acne: 'I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down.'
By nidhi tewari | April 11, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Miley Cyrus is famous and a superbly confident pop star now but when she was young and in school, the "Wrecking Ball" songstress was bullied that caused her depression. The 21-year-old revealed to Elle Magazine that she suffered from severe acne problem as a child because of which her face looked nasty and she became the subject of ridicule at the school. She was bullied for it and became so depressed because of it that she locked herself in her room for quite some time.
Singer Miley Cyrus and her father Billy Ray Cyrus arrive at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
"I went through a time where I was really depressed. Like, I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down," Miley revealed during an interview with the latest issue of magazine, tvnz.co.nz is revealing.
"It was a lot to do with... I had really bad skin and I felt really bullied because of that," Miley added further.
The Nashville born songstress that went on to work with Disney as "Hannah Montana," which boosted her confidence and later became a solo singer. Miley is currently on "Bangerz" tour till July. She kicked off her tour in February and has entertained audience in each one of her concerts. It is hard to believe that the songstress once suffered from depression!
However, Miley is currently also in the state of depression but for a very different reason - the death of her favorite dog Floyd. The singer could not control her emotions when she heard the news of the death of her favorite pet and has broken down on Twitter. She even dedicated a song to Floyd in one of her concerts. The singer has also been gifted a new dog named Moonie by her mother Tish Cyrus but she says she is not yet ready to love it.
"I feel physically sick & I am so emotionally and physically exhausted I feel like I have nothing else to give sweet baby Moonie. Maybe I'm not ready yet.... But being alone won't bring him back to me..... I'm at a loss I don't know what to do (sic)," Miley wrote on her Twitter account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change