Miley Cyrus was Bullied at School for Acne: 'I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down.'
By nidhi tewari | April 11, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Miley Cyrus is famous and a superbly confident pop star now but when she was young and in school, the "Wrecking Ball" songstress was bullied that caused her depression. The 21-year-old revealed to Elle Magazine that she suffered from severe acne problem as a child because of which her face looked nasty and she became the subject of ridicule at the school. She was bullied for it and became so depressed because of it that she locked herself in her room for quite some time.
Singer Miley Cyrus and her father Billy Ray Cyrus arrive at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
"I went through a time where I was really depressed. Like, I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down," Miley revealed during an interview with the latest issue of magazine, tvnz.co.nz is revealing.
"It was a lot to do with... I had really bad skin and I felt really bullied because of that," Miley added further.
The Nashville born songstress that went on to work with Disney as "Hannah Montana," which boosted her confidence and later became a solo singer. Miley is currently on "Bangerz" tour till July. She kicked off her tour in February and has entertained audience in each one of her concerts. It is hard to believe that the songstress once suffered from depression!
However, Miley is currently also in the state of depression but for a very different reason - the death of her favorite dog Floyd. The singer could not control her emotions when she heard the news of the death of her favorite pet and has broken down on Twitter. She even dedicated a song to Floyd in one of her concerts. The singer has also been gifted a new dog named Moonie by her mother Tish Cyrus but she says she is not yet ready to love it.
"I feel physically sick & I am so emotionally and physically exhausted I feel like I have nothing else to give sweet baby Moonie. Maybe I'm not ready yet.... But being alone won't bring him back to me..... I'm at a loss I don't know what to do (sic)," Miley wrote on her Twitter account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand