Miley Cyrus was Bullied at School for Acne: 'I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down.'
By nidhi tewari | April 11, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Miley Cyrus is famous and a superbly confident pop star now but when she was young and in school, the "Wrecking Ball" songstress was bullied that caused her depression. The 21-year-old revealed to Elle Magazine that she suffered from severe acne problem as a child because of which her face looked nasty and she became the subject of ridicule at the school. She was bullied for it and became so depressed because of it that she locked herself in her room for quite some time.
Singer Miley Cyrus and her father Billy Ray Cyrus arrive at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
"I went through a time where I was really depressed. Like, I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down," Miley revealed during an interview with the latest issue of magazine, tvnz.co.nz is revealing.
"It was a lot to do with... I had really bad skin and I felt really bullied because of that," Miley added further.
The Nashville born songstress that went on to work with Disney as "Hannah Montana," which boosted her confidence and later became a solo singer. Miley is currently on "Bangerz" tour till July. She kicked off her tour in February and has entertained audience in each one of her concerts. It is hard to believe that the songstress once suffered from depression!
However, Miley is currently also in the state of depression but for a very different reason - the death of her favorite dog Floyd. The singer could not control her emotions when she heard the news of the death of her favorite pet and has broken down on Twitter. She even dedicated a song to Floyd in one of her concerts. The singer has also been gifted a new dog named Moonie by her mother Tish Cyrus but she says she is not yet ready to love it.
"I feel physically sick & I am so emotionally and physically exhausted I feel like I have nothing else to give sweet baby Moonie. Maybe I'm not ready yet.... But being alone won't bring him back to me..... I'm at a loss I don't know what to do (sic)," Miley wrote on her Twitter account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast