Amanda Bynes Suffers from Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Despite Her Mother’s Claims that She is Fine
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 11, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Amanda Bynes' mom declared publicly that her daughter does not suffer from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. According to Amanda's mother, her daughter's main concern was smoking up weed. However, TMZ refuted her claims based on reports by multiple sources. The Web site believes that Amanda's mom, Lynn Bynes is lying.
TMZ confirmed that everyone they spoke to stands firm that Amanda does suffer from bipolarity and schizophrenia. The Web site mentioned that apart from their sources, there is proof that she suffers from mental illness.
She was placed on LPS Hold in 2013 after a judge's hearing in the psychiatric hospital where she was kept. The Web site quoted the California law that a person can be placed on an LPS Hold if the person remains "gravely disabled as the result of a mental disorder or impairment by chronic alcoholism."
Also, doctors gave out evidence confirming serious mental illness.
It was also noted that Amanda's mom was granted temporary conservatorship after an investigator appointed by the court said that Amanda was gravely mentally ill.
Amanda was held in UCLA psych ward for weeks and at times she was so out of control that she had to be restrained. She left the facility after she became restless because of other patients.
The Web site confirmed that sources close to Amanda said that she was administered a "complex Rx cocktail" in Ventura County psych hospital meant for schizophrenia patients.
"Amanda is now on zero medication," said Tamar Arminak, lawyer who represents Amanda's mother, to TMZ.
According to Amanda's mom, all the reports and talks about schizophrenia are false and that is why she stopped her medication. Lynn claims that her daughter had no mental illness episodes in the past few months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan