Amanda Bynes Suffers from Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Despite Her Mother’s Claims that She is Fine
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 11, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Amanda Bynes' mom declared publicly that her daughter does not suffer from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. According to Amanda's mother, her daughter's main concern was smoking up weed. However, TMZ refuted her claims based on reports by multiple sources. The Web site believes that Amanda's mom, Lynn Bynes is lying.
TMZ confirmed that everyone they spoke to stands firm that Amanda does suffer from bipolarity and schizophrenia. The Web site mentioned that apart from their sources, there is proof that she suffers from mental illness.
She was placed on LPS Hold in 2013 after a judge's hearing in the psychiatric hospital where she was kept. The Web site quoted the California law that a person can be placed on an LPS Hold if the person remains "gravely disabled as the result of a mental disorder or impairment by chronic alcoholism."
Also, doctors gave out evidence confirming serious mental illness.
It was also noted that Amanda's mom was granted temporary conservatorship after an investigator appointed by the court said that Amanda was gravely mentally ill.
Amanda was held in UCLA psych ward for weeks and at times she was so out of control that she had to be restrained. She left the facility after she became restless because of other patients.
The Web site confirmed that sources close to Amanda said that she was administered a "complex Rx cocktail" in Ventura County psych hospital meant for schizophrenia patients.
"Amanda is now on zero medication," said Tamar Arminak, lawyer who represents Amanda's mother, to TMZ.
According to Amanda's mom, all the reports and talks about schizophrenia are false and that is why she stopped her medication. Lynn claims that her daughter had no mental illness episodes in the past few months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate