Amanda Bynes Suffers from Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Despite Her Mother’s Claims that She is Fine
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 11, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Amanda Bynes' mom declared publicly that her daughter does not suffer from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. According to Amanda's mother, her daughter's main concern was smoking up weed. However, TMZ refuted her claims based on reports by multiple sources. The Web site believes that Amanda's mom, Lynn Bynes is lying.
TMZ confirmed that everyone they spoke to stands firm that Amanda does suffer from bipolarity and schizophrenia. The Web site mentioned that apart from their sources, there is proof that she suffers from mental illness.
She was placed on LPS Hold in 2013 after a judge's hearing in the psychiatric hospital where she was kept. The Web site quoted the California law that a person can be placed on an LPS Hold if the person remains "gravely disabled as the result of a mental disorder or impairment by chronic alcoholism."
Also, doctors gave out evidence confirming serious mental illness.
It was also noted that Amanda's mom was granted temporary conservatorship after an investigator appointed by the court said that Amanda was gravely mentally ill.
Amanda was held in UCLA psych ward for weeks and at times she was so out of control that she had to be restrained. She left the facility after she became restless because of other patients.
The Web site confirmed that sources close to Amanda said that she was administered a "complex Rx cocktail" in Ventura County psych hospital meant for schizophrenia patients.
"Amanda is now on zero medication," said Tamar Arminak, lawyer who represents Amanda's mother, to TMZ.
According to Amanda's mom, all the reports and talks about schizophrenia are false and that is why she stopped her medication. Lynn claims that her daughter had no mental illness episodes in the past few months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install