Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Galaxy S4 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | April 11, 2014 12:16 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the Galaxy S4, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The Galaxy S4 comes with a 5 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams. The Galaxy S4 comes with 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm dimensions and weighs 130 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy S4 is equipped with a quad core 1.6 GHz cortex A15 and quad core 1.2 GHz cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5410 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system whereas the Galaxy S4 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Galaxy S4 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The Galaxy S4 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $849.95. The Galaxy S4 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $609.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini vs. Galaxy S4 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
LG G Pro Lite vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft