'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Actress Holly Hunter to Portray Leslie Thompkins?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 11, 2014 10:59 AM EST
Actress Holly Hunter joins the star-studded cast of the upcoming "Man of Steel 2" movie but the character she will portray is still not revealed. The latest reports suggest that the 56-year-old actress could be Leslie Thompkins in the film, considered to be the "female Alfred" in Bruce Wayne's life, or a similar role that makes her a maternal figure to the character that Ben Affleck will portray.
According to the Enstars report, the casting news on Holly Hunter also came with the detail that the actress will be portraying a new character. However, speculations were quick to emerge as to what character Holly Hunter could portray in the "Man of Steel" movie sequel including Leslie Thompkins.
"Leslie is a doctor who went to medical school with Bruce's dad before he was murdered and in some versions of the Batman mythos, comforted young Bruce the very night of. Think of her like a female Alfred, almost. When she appeared in Batman: The Animated Series, she knew Batman's identity and would treat Bruce for medical injuries he couldn't go to a hospital for," the Latino Review report reads.
The Comic Book Resources report further noted the other roles that actress Holly Hunter could portray. Ms Hunter could either be an Amazon from Themyscira, an owner of the Daily Planet or a villain associated with Lex Luthor which actor Jesse Eisenberg will portray.
Holly Hunter joins the "Man of Steel 2" cast members together with Callan Mulvey and "The Wolverine" actress Tao Okamoto. The upcoming film stars British actor Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth.
Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will be reprising their roles for the movie sequel but actor Russell Crowe revealed to Yahoo! Movies that he may not be reprising his role of Jor-El, Superman's biological father, in "Man of Steel 2."
The "Noah" star explained in the Design & Trend report that the team behind "Man of Steel 2" will no longer include him again in the film because he thinks the story is jumping to a different stream where different superhero worlds collide. "Man of Steel 2" or also called the Batman vs. Superman film release date is set on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Three More Actors Join the Cast Members of Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actress Gal Gadot Shares Workout and Diet For Wonder Woman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Eliza Dushku, Anne Hathaway Express Interest on Catwoman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date