Sony Xperia SP vs. Nokia Lumia 720 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | April 11, 2014 8:22 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia SP or the Nokia Lumia 720, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia SP comes with a 4.6-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1,280 pixel resolution. The Nokia Lumia 720 comes with a 4.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixel resolution.
The Sony Xperia SP comes with 130.6 x 67.1 x 10 mm dimensions and weighs 155 g. The Nokia Lumia 720 comes with 127.9 x 67.5 x 9 mm dimensions and weighs 128 g.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia SP is equipped with a 1.7-GHz dual-core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Nokia Lumia 720 is equipped with a 1-GHz dual-core processor and Qualcomm MSM8227 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a microSD card.
The Sony Xperia SP runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Nokia Lumia 720 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the WP8 Black version. The device has 512 MB of RAM.
The Sony Xperia SP sports an 8-MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Nokia Lumia 720 sports a 6.1-MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Sony Xperia SP comes with a non-removable Li-ion 2,370 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G or music play of about 39 hours. The Nokia Lumia 720 comes with a non-removable Li-ion 2,000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 20 minutes on 3G or music play of about 79 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia SP is priced at around AU$289.95 and the Nokia Lumia 720 is priced at around AU$279.95 in Australia.
More article to read :
Motorola Moto G vs. Nokia Lumia 525 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra vs. Xperia Z Ultra Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]