Mahindra Mojo 300 Set to Launch in June?
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Mahindra Mojo 300, which made its first technical appearance at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo, will reportedly set foot in the country in June, suggests a new report.
Mahindra 2 Wheelers (representational image)
Although the company also showcased the Mojo 300 at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, the launch details of the bike were not known till now. But now, a report by Auto NDTV claims Mahindra will launch the Mojo bike in June.
Mojo 300, one of the most anticipated motorcycles from Mahindra 2 Wheelers, is expected to come with liquid cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder engine, which can churn out a power of 27 bhp at 8000 rpm and a peak torque 25 Nm at 6500 rpm. Weighing in at 165 kgs, the upcoming Mojo gives a power-to-weight ratio of 164 hp per ton. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed transmission and the bike will house features like disc brakes, USD forks and Pirelli Sport Demon tyres.
The bike will be pitted against Pulsar CS, Pulsar SS, the Kawasaki Ninja 300R, the Honda CBR 250R/300R and the KTM Duke 390 and is expected to fall in the price range of ₹2 lakh. Mahindra is also rumoured to launch a 160cc motorcycle to take on the Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi and the TVS Apache RTR160. The 160cc is also expected in 2014. However, the company is yet to make an official announcement.
Earlier this week, Mahindra's upcoming offering in the scooter segment, codenamed G101, has been spotted testing in India. The scooter is speculated to come with a 110 cc, four-stroke, air-cooled engine and is likely to offer both electric as well as kick-start option.
Mahindra, which made its comeback with the launch of 110cc Pantero and Centuro in India, registered 152 percent growth in March, selling 19,591 units.
Image credit: mahindratwowheelers.com (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate