Mahindra Mojo 300 Set to Launch in June?
By greeshma m | April 11, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Mahindra Mojo 300, which made its first technical appearance at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo, will reportedly set foot in the country in June, suggests a new report.
Mahindra 2 Wheelers (representational image)
Although the company also showcased the Mojo 300 at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, the launch details of the bike were not known till now. But now, a report by Auto NDTV claims Mahindra will launch the Mojo bike in June.
Mojo 300, one of the most anticipated motorcycles from Mahindra 2 Wheelers, is expected to come with liquid cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder engine, which can churn out a power of 27 bhp at 8000 rpm and a peak torque 25 Nm at 6500 rpm. Weighing in at 165 kgs, the upcoming Mojo gives a power-to-weight ratio of 164 hp per ton. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed transmission and the bike will house features like disc brakes, USD forks and Pirelli Sport Demon tyres.
The bike will be pitted against Pulsar CS, Pulsar SS, the Kawasaki Ninja 300R, the Honda CBR 250R/300R and the KTM Duke 390 and is expected to fall in the price range of ₹2 lakh. Mahindra is also rumoured to launch a 160cc motorcycle to take on the Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi and the TVS Apache RTR160. The 160cc is also expected in 2014. However, the company is yet to make an official announcement.
Earlier this week, Mahindra's upcoming offering in the scooter segment, codenamed G101, has been spotted testing in India. The scooter is speculated to come with a 110 cc, four-stroke, air-cooled engine and is likely to offer both electric as well as kick-start option.
Mahindra, which made its comeback with the launch of 110cc Pantero and Centuro in India, registered 152 percent growth in March, selling 19,591 units.
Image credit: mahindratwowheelers.com (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet