Galaxy S5 Market Release: Reckoning of the Top 7 Samsung Galaxy Devices
By Judith Aparri | April 10, 2014 11:14 PM EST
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
1. Samsung Continuum
It does not have Galaxy in its name but still it is at the top. Galaxy S variant was launched in fall 2010. This high-end smartphone builds on Fascinate with a distinctive touch display that has status info which can be activated by gripping the handset. It has a 1 GHz processor, video capture, 5 MP with LED flash camera, Bluetooth 3.0, audio jack of 3.55 mm and Wi-Fi with DLNA streaming.
2. Samsung Galaxy Round
This handset's curvy dimensions make it a very comfortable device to cup on the ears, pockets and hands. Its screen has also added benefits. Galaxy Round has respectable specs such as 2.3 GHz quad-core processor, 5.7-inch HD display, 13 MP camera and 3 GB RAM. It has a faux-leather finish plus the usual slot for microSD and removable battery.
3. Samsung Galaxy Beam
When showing something to your friends in your phone, you can simply hand the device to them. Not with Samsung Galaxy Beam though, as it has a built-in pico projector to beam a video or photo into a flat service. Galaxy Beam was released in 2012.
4. Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
Instead of putting an Android on a camera, Samsung mounted a point-and-shoot camera to a functional Android smartphone in Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. Galaxy S4 roots are respectable hardware but the S4 Zoom's 16 MP CMOS camera sensor and 10 x optical zoom make a clumsy design and difficult pocketability.
5. Samsung Galaxy Gear
The recent Gear smartwatches are solid pieces of wearables but took the original Galaxy Gear to be in that point. Its gaudy finish and chunky design matched to a UI, which attempted to do a lot despite the form limitation.
6. Samsung Galaxy Music
If you want a smartphone which can act as an MP3 player since a regular phone cannot be enough for the purpose, go for Samsung Galaxy Music. It has a dual stereo speaker and dedicated buttons for music playback.
7. Samsung Galaxy Mega
Samsung Galaxy Mega takes full advantage of its large display with multi window and split view, especially when multi-tasking. Its wide screen highlights visual contents while being portable enough to have on the road and take calls.
With much expectation, Galaxy S5 which will be released to the market tomorrow, April 11, will be added to this top Galaxy list. GS5 is the 2014 flagship phone unveiled on Feb. 24 with a new design, enhanced camera, heart rate monitor and fingerprint scanner. The handset is also dust- and water-resistant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast