Galaxy S5 Market Release: Reckoning of the Top 7 Samsung Galaxy Devices
By Judith Aparri | April 10, 2014 11:14 PM EST
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
1. Samsung Continuum
It does not have Galaxy in its name but still it is at the top. Galaxy S variant was launched in fall 2010. This high-end smartphone builds on Fascinate with a distinctive touch display that has status info which can be activated by gripping the handset. It has a 1 GHz processor, video capture, 5 MP with LED flash camera, Bluetooth 3.0, audio jack of 3.55 mm and Wi-Fi with DLNA streaming.
2. Samsung Galaxy Round
This handset's curvy dimensions make it a very comfortable device to cup on the ears, pockets and hands. Its screen has also added benefits. Galaxy Round has respectable specs such as 2.3 GHz quad-core processor, 5.7-inch HD display, 13 MP camera and 3 GB RAM. It has a faux-leather finish plus the usual slot for microSD and removable battery.
3. Samsung Galaxy Beam
When showing something to your friends in your phone, you can simply hand the device to them. Not with Samsung Galaxy Beam though, as it has a built-in pico projector to beam a video or photo into a flat service. Galaxy Beam was released in 2012.
4. Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
Instead of putting an Android on a camera, Samsung mounted a point-and-shoot camera to a functional Android smartphone in Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. Galaxy S4 roots are respectable hardware but the S4 Zoom's 16 MP CMOS camera sensor and 10 x optical zoom make a clumsy design and difficult pocketability.
5. Samsung Galaxy Gear
The recent Gear smartwatches are solid pieces of wearables but took the original Galaxy Gear to be in that point. Its gaudy finish and chunky design matched to a UI, which attempted to do a lot despite the form limitation.
6. Samsung Galaxy Music
If you want a smartphone which can act as an MP3 player since a regular phone cannot be enough for the purpose, go for Samsung Galaxy Music. It has a dual stereo speaker and dedicated buttons for music playback.
7. Samsung Galaxy Mega
Samsung Galaxy Mega takes full advantage of its large display with multi window and split view, especially when multi-tasking. Its wide screen highlights visual contents while being portable enough to have on the road and take calls.
With much expectation, Galaxy S5 which will be released to the market tomorrow, April 11, will be added to this top Galaxy list. GS5 is the 2014 flagship phone unveiled on Feb. 24 with a new design, enhanced camera, heart rate monitor and fingerprint scanner. The handset is also dust- and water-resistant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects