iPhone 6 Release Update: 4.7-Inch in September; 5.5-Inch During Christmas
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 10, 2014 11:08 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date may take a little twist. The 4.7-inches variant is set to be launched in September while the 5.5-inch will arrive in Christmas day.
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
Also, the Cupertino-based tech giant has not announced the official launch of iPhone 6. But speculations claimed the device will arrive in June 2 at the Worldwide Developers' Conference alongside a new operating system. Other reports claimed the handset will arrive by September or October.
Reports noted Apple will release two iPhone variants this year - one with 4.7-inch model as the successor of iPhone 5S and the other with 5.5-inch version to be the phablet type smartphone. It was first reported the handsets will be introduced in fall.
According to Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple plans to debut two new iPhone models with two distinct screen sizes in 2014, which is suprising from a company who always shies away from packing bigger displays.
Apple Insider reported the top-of-the-line 5.5-inch model will sport a higher pixel resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 or 401 pixels per inch. The 4.7-inch variant will sport a 1,334 x 750 screen resolution or 326 ppi to maintain scalability with existing apps.
Kuo suspected both handsets will be powered by Apple's next-generation A8 processor with 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM, low temperature polysilicon in-cell touch panels and touch ID fingerprint security.
He added a near-field communications (NFC) chip will be included in the new iPhone and the handset will be encased in a metal casing.
Meanwhile, Apple has not revealed the official specs and features of the two new iPhones and details about the handsets were still unconfirmed by the company.
But rumors claimed consumers can expect at least a faster A8 processor, iOS 8 and touchID fingerprint sensor packed in the new iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation