Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update for Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One Expected This Month
By Raymond Ronamai | April 10, 2014 11:07 PM EST
After months of speculation, Google seems to be finally ready to roll out the much-anticipated Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS for its Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 devices, if latest reports have anything to go by.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Google will release Android 4.4.3 KitKat in mid-April for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, according to certain reports. Once released, the firmware update will also be available for other devices like HTC One Google Play Edition, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S4, Moto G, Sony Xperia Z Ultra and a few others.
The upcoming KitKat OS is expected to fix several bugs that have been found in several devices. Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat experienced trouble in camera because of a bug called, ‘mm-qcamera-daemon’ which also drains the battery. Several issues like random reboot, DSP errors, regularise camera focus, app shortcuts, security issues, bluetooth problem and others will also be fixed with the latest update.
ROM developer and HTC insider, LlabTooFeR said that HTC One Google Play Edition would get Android 4.4.3 KitKat update soon without specifying the release date. It had tweeted in March that testing of the firmware was on.
Android 4.4.3 is under testing. Build number is KTU72B. Probably it will fix known camera bug.
— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) March 24, 2014
KTU84D is another 4.4.3 Android build... — LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) April 4, 2014
Android 4.4 KitKat update was released in September last year before Android 4.4.1 took over to fix the bug that disrupts Nexus 5 camera. It was again replaced by Android 4.4.2, which is seen in most high-end devices that run on Android. No update has been announced off late, despite the problems reported in Google smartphones.
Users of Android smartphone will welcome new firmware update, as it will fix several bugs that have been troubling their devices all these months. The recently unveiled devices like Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 too will come with Android 4.4.2.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine