Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update for Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One Expected This Month
By Raymond Ronamai | April 10, 2014 11:07 PM EST
After months of speculation, Google seems to be finally ready to roll out the much-anticipated Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS for its Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 devices, if latest reports have anything to go by.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Google will release Android 4.4.3 KitKat in mid-April for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, according to certain reports. Once released, the firmware update will also be available for other devices like HTC One Google Play Edition, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S4, Moto G, Sony Xperia Z Ultra and a few others.
The upcoming KitKat OS is expected to fix several bugs that have been found in several devices. Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat experienced trouble in camera because of a bug called, ‘mm-qcamera-daemon’ which also drains the battery. Several issues like random reboot, DSP errors, regularise camera focus, app shortcuts, security issues, bluetooth problem and others will also be fixed with the latest update.
ROM developer and HTC insider, LlabTooFeR said that HTC One Google Play Edition would get Android 4.4.3 KitKat update soon without specifying the release date. It had tweeted in March that testing of the firmware was on.
Android 4.4.3 is under testing. Build number is KTU72B. Probably it will fix known camera bug.
— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) March 24, 2014
KTU84D is another 4.4.3 Android build... — LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) April 4, 2014
Android 4.4 KitKat update was released in September last year before Android 4.4.1 took over to fix the bug that disrupts Nexus 5 camera. It was again replaced by Android 4.4.2, which is seen in most high-end devices that run on Android. No update has been announced off late, despite the problems reported in Google smartphones.
Users of Android smartphone will welcome new firmware update, as it will fix several bugs that have been troubling their devices all these months. The recently unveiled devices like Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 too will come with Android 4.4.2.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast