Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on
By Parismita Goswami | April 10, 2014 10:51 PM EST
A Dutch designer has created a dress that turns see-through when the wearer gets aroused.
The dress, named Intimacy 2.0, has hidden sensors that can detect the body temperature and the heart rate of the female wearer.
Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on (Representational Image) [wiki commons/Bestvintage]
Dutch designer Daan Roosegaarde has designed the dress in two colors, white or black, with artificial leather and electronic-foils around the bust area, according to an article in the Daily Mail.
As the wearer's heart rate and temperature rises, the e-foils change color and turns into clear plastic.
Other emotions, including fear, anxiety, excitement and even embarrassment, can also increase the body temperature of the wearer, which may allow her to expose more than what they wanted.
"Social encounters determine the garments' level of transparency, creating a sensual play of disclosure," said a company spokesman.
Intimacy, the original version of the dress, was made up almost completely of e-foils that would turn the entire dress invisible. However, the 2.0 version is only transparent around the bust.
Roosegaarde, who has won several awards, calls his style of fashion 'techno-poetry'.
"Intimacy 2.0 is a fashion project exploring the relation between intimacy and technology. Technology is used here not merely functional but also as a tool to create intimacy as well as privacy on a direct, personal level which in our contemporary tech society is becoming increasingly important," Roosegaarde said.
At present, the dress comes only in one size, which is about 40-inch (101cm) long, and fits best in size small or extra small.
Photo credit: Wiki Commons/Bestvintage (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced