Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on
By Parismita Goswami | April 10, 2014 10:51 PM EST
A Dutch designer has created a dress that turns see-through when the wearer gets aroused.
The dress, named Intimacy 2.0, has hidden sensors that can detect the body temperature and the heart rate of the female wearer.
Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on (Representational Image) [wiki commons/Bestvintage]
Dutch designer Daan Roosegaarde has designed the dress in two colors, white or black, with artificial leather and electronic-foils around the bust area, according to an article in the Daily Mail.
As the wearer's heart rate and temperature rises, the e-foils change color and turns into clear plastic.
Other emotions, including fear, anxiety, excitement and even embarrassment, can also increase the body temperature of the wearer, which may allow her to expose more than what they wanted.
"Social encounters determine the garments' level of transparency, creating a sensual play of disclosure," said a company spokesman.
Intimacy, the original version of the dress, was made up almost completely of e-foils that would turn the entire dress invisible. However, the 2.0 version is only transparent around the bust.
Roosegaarde, who has won several awards, calls his style of fashion 'techno-poetry'.
"Intimacy 2.0 is a fashion project exploring the relation between intimacy and technology. Technology is used here not merely functional but also as a tool to create intimacy as well as privacy on a direct, personal level which in our contemporary tech society is becoming increasingly important," Roosegaarde said.
At present, the dress comes only in one size, which is about 40-inch (101cm) long, and fits best in size small or extra small.
Photo credit: Wiki Commons/Bestvintage (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports