Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on
By Parismita Goswami | April 10, 2014 10:51 PM EST
A Dutch designer has created a dress that turns see-through when the wearer gets aroused.
The dress, named Intimacy 2.0, has hidden sensors that can detect the body temperature and the heart rate of the female wearer.
Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on (Representational Image) [wiki commons/Bestvintage]
Dutch designer Daan Roosegaarde has designed the dress in two colors, white or black, with artificial leather and electronic-foils around the bust area, according to an article in the Daily Mail.
As the wearer's heart rate and temperature rises, the e-foils change color and turns into clear plastic.
Other emotions, including fear, anxiety, excitement and even embarrassment, can also increase the body temperature of the wearer, which may allow her to expose more than what they wanted.
"Social encounters determine the garments' level of transparency, creating a sensual play of disclosure," said a company spokesman.
Intimacy, the original version of the dress, was made up almost completely of e-foils that would turn the entire dress invisible. However, the 2.0 version is only transparent around the bust.
Roosegaarde, who has won several awards, calls his style of fashion 'techno-poetry'.
"Intimacy 2.0 is a fashion project exploring the relation between intimacy and technology. Technology is used here not merely functional but also as a tool to create intimacy as well as privacy on a direct, personal level which in our contemporary tech society is becoming increasingly important," Roosegaarde said.
At present, the dress comes only in one size, which is about 40-inch (101cm) long, and fits best in size small or extra small.
Photo credit: Wiki Commons/Bestvintage (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown