Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on
By Parismita Goswami | April 10, 2014 10:51 PM EST
A Dutch designer has created a dress that turns see-through when the wearer gets aroused.
The dress, named Intimacy 2.0, has hidden sensors that can detect the body temperature and the heart rate of the female wearer.
Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on (Representational Image) [wiki commons/Bestvintage]
Dutch designer Daan Roosegaarde has designed the dress in two colors, white or black, with artificial leather and electronic-foils around the bust area, according to an article in the Daily Mail.
As the wearer's heart rate and temperature rises, the e-foils change color and turns into clear plastic.
Other emotions, including fear, anxiety, excitement and even embarrassment, can also increase the body temperature of the wearer, which may allow her to expose more than what they wanted.
"Social encounters determine the garments' level of transparency, creating a sensual play of disclosure," said a company spokesman.
Intimacy, the original version of the dress, was made up almost completely of e-foils that would turn the entire dress invisible. However, the 2.0 version is only transparent around the bust.
Roosegaarde, who has won several awards, calls his style of fashion 'techno-poetry'.
"Intimacy 2.0 is a fashion project exploring the relation between intimacy and technology. Technology is used here not merely functional but also as a tool to create intimacy as well as privacy on a direct, personal level which in our contemporary tech society is becoming increasingly important," Roosegaarde said.
At present, the dress comes only in one size, which is about 40-inch (101cm) long, and fits best in size small or extra small.
Photo credit: Wiki Commons/Bestvintage (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Julie Bishop to Attend UN Climate Summit; Australia Pressured to Announce 'Bolder' Target
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect