Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on
By Parismita Goswami | April 10, 2014 10:51 PM EST
A Dutch designer has created a dress that turns see-through when the wearer gets aroused.
The dress, named Intimacy 2.0, has hidden sensors that can detect the body temperature and the heart rate of the female wearer.
Intimacy 2.0: Dutch Designer Creates Dress that Turns Transparent When Wearer is Turned on (Representational Image) [wiki commons/Bestvintage]
Dutch designer Daan Roosegaarde has designed the dress in two colors, white or black, with artificial leather and electronic-foils around the bust area, according to an article in the Daily Mail.
As the wearer's heart rate and temperature rises, the e-foils change color and turns into clear plastic.
Other emotions, including fear, anxiety, excitement and even embarrassment, can also increase the body temperature of the wearer, which may allow her to expose more than what they wanted.
"Social encounters determine the garments' level of transparency, creating a sensual play of disclosure," said a company spokesman.
Intimacy, the original version of the dress, was made up almost completely of e-foils that would turn the entire dress invisible. However, the 2.0 version is only transparent around the bust.
Roosegaarde, who has won several awards, calls his style of fashion 'techno-poetry'.
"Intimacy 2.0 is a fashion project exploring the relation between intimacy and technology. Technology is used here not merely functional but also as a tool to create intimacy as well as privacy on a direct, personal level which in our contemporary tech society is becoming increasingly important," Roosegaarde said.
At present, the dress comes only in one size, which is about 40-inch (101cm) long, and fits best in size small or extra small.
Photo credit: Wiki Commons/Bestvintage (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies