NBA Preview: San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 10, 2014 10:20 PM EST
The Dallas Mavericks are not yet safely into the postseason. Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks host Tim Duncan and the Spurs on Thursday night and a win by Dallas over their Texas rivals will bring them closer to a playoff spot.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Dallas Mavericks
Dallas at 48-31 is in 7th place—one game behind the Golden State Warriors (48-29) in 6th; half a game ahead of the Phoenix Suns (47-31) in 8th place; and one and a half game ahead of current bubble team Memphis Grizzlies (46-32).
For the Spurs, they already have the inside track in clinching the best record in the league. At 60-18, they are ahead by three games against nearest rival Oklahoma City Thunder (57-21) and appear to be in cruise control mode in their final games of the regular season.
However, these Spurs squad have dominated the Mavericks in this season. San Antonio looks to sweep Dallas after three wins earlier in the year—116-107 on December 26; 112-90 on January 8; and 112-106 on March 2.
For Dallas, they’d rather forget about those three defeats and just salvage a single win against their rivals— and probably, the most important game in the four match-ups.
The Mavericks are looking for a fifth straight win and coming off a 95-83 victory over the lowly Utah Jazz. Six players scored in double-figures for Dallas led by Nowitzki’s 21 points. Monta Ellis contributed 16 points and 5 assists.
Meanwhile, the Spurs have lost two their last three games. The last one was a 110-91 blowout loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. San Antonio played without Tony Parker (back injury) and gave limited time to Duncan (20 minutes) and other key players.
Watch the Spurs-Mavericks match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports