Lady Gaga Requests Paparazzi to Photoshop Her Candid Pics Before Releasing Them to the Public
By charmaine corne clutton | April 10, 2014 9:29 PM EST
Fans know her for her erratic behavior on stage. Lady Gaga is definitely a show stopper when it comes to all of her crazy antics when performing. Every performance Lady Gaga does is often done in a very artistic sense.
Musician Lady Gaga arrives on a mechanical horse at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California, November 24, 2013.
Crazy or not, Lady Gaga has always been a beacon of positivity. From her inspiring songs that try to attack hypocrisy people have with regard to beauty and sexuality, Lady Gaga has them all covered. So for the champion of natural beauty and empowerment, it would be tad ironic for Lady G herself to screen her public images taken by the paparazzi to look perfect.
According to one of Lady Gaga's publicists, the "Born This Way" singer has ordered photographers to "smooth out her jaw line and thin her arm and to smooth out and thin her legs," before making the pictures available for public consumption.
If anything, Gaga is not the first artist to actually restrict photographers in displaying her candid photos. Beyonce, who has also previously collaborated with the "Born This Way" singer, has also followed suit in attempting to block unflattering photos of her during her Mrs. Carter World Tour. It can be remembered that unflattering pictures of Queen Bey surfaced all over the internet. So it seems like Lady Gaga is not the only one to alter her images.
"It's like with any other artist I work with, and it's very minimal because we want to get the photos out there right away." A Getty photographer mentioned in an interview. He went on to say that he normally photoshopped "say, a drop of sweat, an errant lock of hair or a shiny patch on Gaga's forehead." Although such kind of alterations are more acceptable, the thinning of legs and smoothing out of the jaw line seem pretty much overboard-especially for someone very vocal about celebrating beauty in different forms.
In other news, Lady Gaga is still busy performing for her 'little monsters'. The chanteuse just recently finished performing in a theatre in Manhattan, after a long break from her hip surgery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election