'Race Gurram' Box Office: Will Allu Arjun Starrer Beat Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' Day 1 Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 10, 2014 8:25 PM EST
Update: "Race Gurram" Gets Fantastic Opening on Day 1, Read About Collections HERE.
Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram," which is releasing on 11 April, is expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release.
The film will be releasing in around 1060 screens worldwide - 900 screens in India and the rest in overseas markets.
"Race Gurram" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014 and the film will be the first release of the year for Arjun. The actor has teamed up with director Surender Reddy for the first time. Expectations are high for the film, which is deemed as a family entertainer that will have all the commercial elements.
"Race Gurram" story revolves around two brothers played by Arjun and Shaam of "Kick" fame. Shruti Haasan and Saloni Aswani play the female leads, whereas the other cast members include Brahmanandam, Prakash Raj, Mukesh Rishi, Suhasini, Ashish Vdyarthi and Kota Srinivasa Rao among others.
The film is carrying positive pre-release buzz thanks to Arjun's star power, film's impressive trailer and songs, composed by Thaman.
The family entertainer has received extraordinary response in advance bookings. It is likely to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release and Arjun is expected to score his career's best openings through "Race Gurram." However, the film's performance will depend on the reviews it gets from the critics as well as from the audience. If it gets positive reviews, it is likley to continue its good run at the box office.
"Race Gurram" to Affect "Legend" business?
"Race Gurram" might affect the business of Balakrishna's "Legend," which is doing well at the office. "Legend," which started on a grand note, has continued to perform well even in its second week. The action entertainer is all set to end its second week on a decent note. However, the film's performance might decline considering that it will be facing strong competition from "Race Gurram."
With the release of "Race Gurram," the screen count for "Legend" is likely to decline. This will definitely have an impact on the film's collections in the coming days. Moreover, the Arjun starrer will become the first choice of the public to watch in theatres. If the film fails to impress the audience, then it might help "Legend" post some decent collections in its third week at the box office.
Will "Race Gurram" Beat Ram Charan's "Yevadu" day 1 collections?
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" was the first Telugu hit of 2014. The film, which released on 12 January, minted fantastic collections at the box office.
The action-packed entertainer minted ₹8.65 crore share in its opening day and made it to the list of all time top 10 AP day 1 share.
"Race Gurram," which is carrying positive reports, is expected to post good collections on the first day. However, it remains to be seen if the film will be able to surpass "Yevadu" day 1 collections and make it to the top 10 list which has big films like Pawan kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi," Jr NTR's "Baadshah", Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" and many others.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports