‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’ Spoilers: Cobie Smulders Back as Maria Hill; Why Did She Join Stark Industries?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 8:16 PM EST
Cobie Smulders is set to reprise her role as agent Maria Hill in the April 29 episode of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”, making a comeback since appearing on the series’ pilot episode.
Since the previous episode of the series tied directly to the plot of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”, Marvel fans will get to see what’s in store for Smulders’ Agent Hill, who was seen seeking a different line of profession in the movie.
Soon after the release of "Captain America", fans had expressed their desire to see Hill back on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
Check out some of the tweets below:
Cap was great. Liked that Danny Pudi works at the Triskelion lol. Maria Hill needs to be on Agents of SHIELD. Can we start that petition?
— Becky Graves (@giggleloop) April 8, 2014
So, now that #HIMYM has ended, you think Maria Hill will be showing up on Agents of SHIELD more often? — J.D. (@JDKinkaid) April 7, 2014
If HIMYM is ending can we get Maria Hill to replace half the cast of SHIELD stat? — Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie) April 1, 2014
Although Hill was seen applying for a job with Stark Industries, TVLine reported that the April 29 episode will feature a lot of serious action, and that there will be a Coulson-Hill team-up.
Smulders will also appear in an episode towards the season’s finale.
Nothing is yet known regarding the motives behind Hill joining Stark Industries. But speculations are rife that Nick Fury wanted her to keep a closer eye on the developments in the aftermath of Hydra’s exposure. It is rumoured that Fury wants Hill to find out if Hydra has infiltrated Stark Industries.
Cinema Blend has also considered the possibility of Hill linking Stark Industries, and possibly the Iron Man, with the series.
"Here's the thing: Hydra is now loose," show's co-executive producer Jeff Bell told Entertainment Weekly. "SHIELD has fallen apart [and] we're trying to figure who we can and cannot trust.
"Hydra's out there, nobody trusts us... we can't wait to tell those stories."
Meanwhile, Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, who faked his death in the movie, will reprise his role in the series when the first season comes to an end on May 13.
It is not immediately known if “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” will be picked up for a second season, but show's executives have expressed their desire to start work on the second season immediately.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight