‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’ Spoilers: Cobie Smulders Back as Maria Hill; Why Did She Join Stark Industries?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 8:16 PM EST
Cobie Smulders is set to reprise her role as agent Maria Hill in the April 29 episode of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”, making a comeback since appearing on the series’ pilot episode.
Since the previous episode of the series tied directly to the plot of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”, Marvel fans will get to see what’s in store for Smulders’ Agent Hill, who was seen seeking a different line of profession in the movie.
Soon after the release of "Captain America", fans had expressed their desire to see Hill back on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
Check out some of the tweets below:
Cap was great. Liked that Danny Pudi works at the Triskelion lol. Maria Hill needs to be on Agents of SHIELD. Can we start that petition?
— Becky Graves (@giggleloop) April 8, 2014
So, now that #HIMYM has ended, you think Maria Hill will be showing up on Agents of SHIELD more often? — J.D. (@JDKinkaid) April 7, 2014
If HIMYM is ending can we get Maria Hill to replace half the cast of SHIELD stat? — Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie) April 1, 2014
Although Hill was seen applying for a job with Stark Industries, TVLine reported that the April 29 episode will feature a lot of serious action, and that there will be a Coulson-Hill team-up.
Smulders will also appear in an episode towards the season’s finale.
Nothing is yet known regarding the motives behind Hill joining Stark Industries. But speculations are rife that Nick Fury wanted her to keep a closer eye on the developments in the aftermath of Hydra’s exposure. It is rumoured that Fury wants Hill to find out if Hydra has infiltrated Stark Industries.
Cinema Blend has also considered the possibility of Hill linking Stark Industries, and possibly the Iron Man, with the series.
"Here's the thing: Hydra is now loose," show's co-executive producer Jeff Bell told Entertainment Weekly. "SHIELD has fallen apart [and] we're trying to figure who we can and cannot trust.
"Hydra's out there, nobody trusts us... we can't wait to tell those stories."
Meanwhile, Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, who faked his death in the movie, will reprise his role in the series when the first season comes to an end on May 13.
It is not immediately known if “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” will be picked up for a second season, but show's executives have expressed their desire to start work on the second season immediately.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best