‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’ Spoilers: Cobie Smulders Back as Maria Hill; Why Did She Join Stark Industries?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 8:16 PM EST
Cobie Smulders is set to reprise her role as agent Maria Hill in the April 29 episode of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”, making a comeback since appearing on the series’ pilot episode.
Since the previous episode of the series tied directly to the plot of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”, Marvel fans will get to see what’s in store for Smulders’ Agent Hill, who was seen seeking a different line of profession in the movie.
Soon after the release of "Captain America", fans had expressed their desire to see Hill back on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
Check out some of the tweets below:
Cap was great. Liked that Danny Pudi works at the Triskelion lol. Maria Hill needs to be on Agents of SHIELD. Can we start that petition?
— Becky Graves (@giggleloop) April 8, 2014
So, now that #HIMYM has ended, you think Maria Hill will be showing up on Agents of SHIELD more often? — J.D. (@JDKinkaid) April 7, 2014
If HIMYM is ending can we get Maria Hill to replace half the cast of SHIELD stat? — Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie) April 1, 2014
Although Hill was seen applying for a job with Stark Industries, TVLine reported that the April 29 episode will feature a lot of serious action, and that there will be a Coulson-Hill team-up.
Smulders will also appear in an episode towards the season’s finale.
Nothing is yet known regarding the motives behind Hill joining Stark Industries. But speculations are rife that Nick Fury wanted her to keep a closer eye on the developments in the aftermath of Hydra’s exposure. It is rumoured that Fury wants Hill to find out if Hydra has infiltrated Stark Industries.
Cinema Blend has also considered the possibility of Hill linking Stark Industries, and possibly the Iron Man, with the series.
"Here's the thing: Hydra is now loose," show's co-executive producer Jeff Bell told Entertainment Weekly. "SHIELD has fallen apart [and] we're trying to figure who we can and cannot trust.
"Hydra's out there, nobody trusts us... we can't wait to tell those stories."
Meanwhile, Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, who faked his death in the movie, will reprise his role in the series when the first season comes to an end on May 13.
It is not immediately known if “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” will be picked up for a second season, but show's executives have expressed their desire to start work on the second season immediately.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports