‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’ Spoilers: Cobie Smulders Back as Maria Hill; Why Did She Join Stark Industries?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 8:16 PM EST
Cobie Smulders is set to reprise her role as agent Maria Hill in the April 29 episode of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”, making a comeback since appearing on the series’ pilot episode.
Since the previous episode of the series tied directly to the plot of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”, Marvel fans will get to see what’s in store for Smulders’ Agent Hill, who was seen seeking a different line of profession in the movie.
Soon after the release of "Captain America", fans had expressed their desire to see Hill back on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
Check out some of the tweets below:
Cap was great. Liked that Danny Pudi works at the Triskelion lol. Maria Hill needs to be on Agents of SHIELD. Can we start that petition?
— Becky Graves (@giggleloop) April 8, 2014
So, now that #HIMYM has ended, you think Maria Hill will be showing up on Agents of SHIELD more often? — J.D. (@JDKinkaid) April 7, 2014
If HIMYM is ending can we get Maria Hill to replace half the cast of SHIELD stat? — Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie) April 1, 2014
Although Hill was seen applying for a job with Stark Industries, TVLine reported that the April 29 episode will feature a lot of serious action, and that there will be a Coulson-Hill team-up.
Smulders will also appear in an episode towards the season’s finale.
Nothing is yet known regarding the motives behind Hill joining Stark Industries. But speculations are rife that Nick Fury wanted her to keep a closer eye on the developments in the aftermath of Hydra’s exposure. It is rumoured that Fury wants Hill to find out if Hydra has infiltrated Stark Industries.
Cinema Blend has also considered the possibility of Hill linking Stark Industries, and possibly the Iron Man, with the series.
"Here's the thing: Hydra is now loose," show's co-executive producer Jeff Bell told Entertainment Weekly. "SHIELD has fallen apart [and] we're trying to figure who we can and cannot trust.
"Hydra's out there, nobody trusts us... we can't wait to tell those stories."
Meanwhile, Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, who faked his death in the movie, will reprise his role in the series when the first season comes to an end on May 13.
It is not immediately known if “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” will be picked up for a second season, but show's executives have expressed their desire to start work on the second season immediately.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia