‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’ Spoilers: Cobie Smulders Back as Maria Hill; Why Did She Join Stark Industries?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 8:16 PM EST
Cobie Smulders is set to reprise her role as agent Maria Hill in the April 29 episode of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”, making a comeback since appearing on the series’ pilot episode.
Since the previous episode of the series tied directly to the plot of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”, Marvel fans will get to see what’s in store for Smulders’ Agent Hill, who was seen seeking a different line of profession in the movie.
Soon after the release of "Captain America", fans had expressed their desire to see Hill back on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
Check out some of the tweets below:
Cap was great. Liked that Danny Pudi works at the Triskelion lol. Maria Hill needs to be on Agents of SHIELD. Can we start that petition?
— Becky Graves (@giggleloop) April 8, 2014
So, now that #HIMYM has ended, you think Maria Hill will be showing up on Agents of SHIELD more often? — J.D. (@JDKinkaid) April 7, 2014
If HIMYM is ending can we get Maria Hill to replace half the cast of SHIELD stat? — Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie) April 1, 2014
Although Hill was seen applying for a job with Stark Industries, TVLine reported that the April 29 episode will feature a lot of serious action, and that there will be a Coulson-Hill team-up.
Smulders will also appear in an episode towards the season’s finale.
Nothing is yet known regarding the motives behind Hill joining Stark Industries. But speculations are rife that Nick Fury wanted her to keep a closer eye on the developments in the aftermath of Hydra’s exposure. It is rumoured that Fury wants Hill to find out if Hydra has infiltrated Stark Industries.
Cinema Blend has also considered the possibility of Hill linking Stark Industries, and possibly the Iron Man, with the series.
"Here's the thing: Hydra is now loose," show's co-executive producer Jeff Bell told Entertainment Weekly. "SHIELD has fallen apart [and] we're trying to figure who we can and cannot trust.
"Hydra's out there, nobody trusts us... we can't wait to tell those stories."
Meanwhile, Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, who faked his death in the movie, will reprise his role in the series when the first season comes to an end on May 13.
It is not immediately known if “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” will be picked up for a second season, but show's executives have expressed their desire to start work on the second season immediately.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales