'Game of Thrones’ Fifth and Sixth Seasons Confirmed, Australians are Top Viewers
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 10, 2014 6:34 PM EST
After the success of the premiere of the "Game of Thrones" Season 4, producers of the show said that two more seasons is on the brew.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 finally kicked off before excited audience on April 6. Two days later, HBO announced that the "Game of Thrones" will be back for a fifth and sixth season. That is certain for expecting fans of the well-loved series.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
Earlier, the creators of the "Game of Thrones" said that season 4 is half way of the story which gave everyone the idea that the series will have its finale on the sixth or eight seasons. Though, the statement was still unsure. What is sure is that "Game of Thrones" will have seasons five and six.
Meanwhile, Episode one of the famous HBO series titled "Two Swords" aired April 6 has been a success. Fans from all over the world have been going gaga over the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 premiere and it has been a trending topic in the social media.
A report in the technology website Cnet said that according to TorrentFreak's now-regular data analysis, over a million "Game of Thrones" downloads has been detected in just half a day. Over 3000,000 torrent users had shared the kick-off episode simultaneously. Most of these users are from Australia followed by the United States and the United Kingdom.
One of the highlights of the episode is that, the Ice, Stark family's sword which is now in the possession of Tywin Lannister, melted down and is copied into two new (fake) swords. One is given to Jaime Lannister who is trying to learn to use the sword with his left hand. Jaime is the new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. Tywin later disowned Jaime after he disobeyed his command that Jaime should leave Kingsguard.
While the start of the season is a success, the promise of more exciting twists in the plot is to be expected. Deaths, betrayals, struggles and battles are very apparent this season.
"Game of Thrones Season 4, Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing" airs every Sunday 9 pm Eastern Standard Time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015