'Game of Thrones’ Fifth and Sixth Seasons Confirmed, Australians are Top Viewers
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 10, 2014 6:34 PM EST
After the success of the premiere of the "Game of Thrones" Season 4, producers of the show said that two more seasons is on the brew.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 finally kicked off before excited audience on April 6. Two days later, HBO announced that the "Game of Thrones" will be back for a fifth and sixth season. That is certain for expecting fans of the well-loved series.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
Earlier, the creators of the "Game of Thrones" said that season 4 is half way of the story which gave everyone the idea that the series will have its finale on the sixth or eight seasons. Though, the statement was still unsure. What is sure is that "Game of Thrones" will have seasons five and six.
Meanwhile, Episode one of the famous HBO series titled "Two Swords" aired April 6 has been a success. Fans from all over the world have been going gaga over the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 premiere and it has been a trending topic in the social media.
A report in the technology website Cnet said that according to TorrentFreak's now-regular data analysis, over a million "Game of Thrones" downloads has been detected in just half a day. Over 3000,000 torrent users had shared the kick-off episode simultaneously. Most of these users are from Australia followed by the United States and the United Kingdom.
One of the highlights of the episode is that, the Ice, Stark family's sword which is now in the possession of Tywin Lannister, melted down and is copied into two new (fake) swords. One is given to Jaime Lannister who is trying to learn to use the sword with his left hand. Jaime is the new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. Tywin later disowned Jaime after he disobeyed his command that Jaime should leave Kingsguard.
While the start of the season is a success, the promise of more exciting twists in the plot is to be expected. Deaths, betrayals, struggles and battles are very apparent this season.
"Game of Thrones Season 4, Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing" airs every Sunday 9 pm Eastern Standard Time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal