'Game of Thrones’ Fifth and Sixth Seasons Confirmed, Australians are Top Viewers
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 10, 2014 6:34 PM EST
After the success of the premiere of the "Game of Thrones" Season 4, producers of the show said that two more seasons is on the brew.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 finally kicked off before excited audience on April 6. Two days later, HBO announced that the "Game of Thrones" will be back for a fifth and sixth season. That is certain for expecting fans of the well-loved series.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
Earlier, the creators of the "Game of Thrones" said that season 4 is half way of the story which gave everyone the idea that the series will have its finale on the sixth or eight seasons. Though, the statement was still unsure. What is sure is that "Game of Thrones" will have seasons five and six.
Meanwhile, Episode one of the famous HBO series titled "Two Swords" aired April 6 has been a success. Fans from all over the world have been going gaga over the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 premiere and it has been a trending topic in the social media.
A report in the technology website Cnet said that according to TorrentFreak's now-regular data analysis, over a million "Game of Thrones" downloads has been detected in just half a day. Over 3000,000 torrent users had shared the kick-off episode simultaneously. Most of these users are from Australia followed by the United States and the United Kingdom.
One of the highlights of the episode is that, the Ice, Stark family's sword which is now in the possession of Tywin Lannister, melted down and is copied into two new (fake) swords. One is given to Jaime Lannister who is trying to learn to use the sword with his left hand. Jaime is the new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. Tywin later disowned Jaime after he disobeyed his command that Jaime should leave Kingsguard.
While the start of the season is a success, the promise of more exciting twists in the plot is to be expected. Deaths, betrayals, struggles and battles are very apparent this season.
"Game of Thrones Season 4, Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing" airs every Sunday 9 pm Eastern Standard Time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS