'Game of Thrones’ Fifth and Sixth Seasons Confirmed, Australians are Top Viewers
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 10, 2014 6:34 PM EST
After the success of the premiere of the "Game of Thrones" Season 4, producers of the show said that two more seasons is on the brew.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 finally kicked off before excited audience on April 6. Two days later, HBO announced that the "Game of Thrones" will be back for a fifth and sixth season. That is certain for expecting fans of the well-loved series.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
Earlier, the creators of the "Game of Thrones" said that season 4 is half way of the story which gave everyone the idea that the series will have its finale on the sixth or eight seasons. Though, the statement was still unsure. What is sure is that "Game of Thrones" will have seasons five and six.
Meanwhile, Episode one of the famous HBO series titled "Two Swords" aired April 6 has been a success. Fans from all over the world have been going gaga over the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 premiere and it has been a trending topic in the social media.
A report in the technology website Cnet said that according to TorrentFreak's now-regular data analysis, over a million "Game of Thrones" downloads has been detected in just half a day. Over 3000,000 torrent users had shared the kick-off episode simultaneously. Most of these users are from Australia followed by the United States and the United Kingdom.
One of the highlights of the episode is that, the Ice, Stark family's sword which is now in the possession of Tywin Lannister, melted down and is copied into two new (fake) swords. One is given to Jaime Lannister who is trying to learn to use the sword with his left hand. Jaime is the new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. Tywin later disowned Jaime after he disobeyed his command that Jaime should leave Kingsguard.
While the start of the season is a success, the promise of more exciting twists in the plot is to be expected. Deaths, betrayals, struggles and battles are very apparent this season.
"Game of Thrones Season 4, Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing" airs every Sunday 9 pm Eastern Standard Time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border