'Game of Thrones’ Fifth and Sixth Seasons Confirmed, Australians are Top Viewers
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 10, 2014 6:34 PM EST
After the success of the premiere of the "Game of Thrones" Season 4, producers of the show said that two more seasons is on the brew.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 finally kicked off before excited audience on April 6. Two days later, HBO announced that the "Game of Thrones" will be back for a fifth and sixth season. That is certain for expecting fans of the well-loved series.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
Earlier, the creators of the "Game of Thrones" said that season 4 is half way of the story which gave everyone the idea that the series will have its finale on the sixth or eight seasons. Though, the statement was still unsure. What is sure is that "Game of Thrones" will have seasons five and six.
Meanwhile, Episode one of the famous HBO series titled "Two Swords" aired April 6 has been a success. Fans from all over the world have been going gaga over the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 premiere and it has been a trending topic in the social media.
A report in the technology website Cnet said that according to TorrentFreak's now-regular data analysis, over a million "Game of Thrones" downloads has been detected in just half a day. Over 3000,000 torrent users had shared the kick-off episode simultaneously. Most of these users are from Australia followed by the United States and the United Kingdom.
One of the highlights of the episode is that, the Ice, Stark family's sword which is now in the possession of Tywin Lannister, melted down and is copied into two new (fake) swords. One is given to Jaime Lannister who is trying to learn to use the sword with his left hand. Jaime is the new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. Tywin later disowned Jaime after he disobeyed his command that Jaime should leave Kingsguard.
While the start of the season is a success, the promise of more exciting twists in the plot is to be expected. Deaths, betrayals, struggles and battles are very apparent this season.
"Game of Thrones Season 4, Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing" airs every Sunday 9 pm Eastern Standard Time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop