Xiaomi And Micromax: New 'Fast' Rising Phone Makers From China And India
By Judith Aparri | April 10, 2014 6:21 PM EST
Both Chinese and Indian firms are classically manufacturing mobile devices that are "good enough" at low-cost models compared to the leading brands. Both handsets are two of the seven fast-rising domestic phonemakers that are ultra-low cost, premium quality products that could nudge consumers in the untapped markets like that of Indonesia and India when it comes to smartphone trends.
Such rising companies begin to go for higher designs of 4G LTE phones with the similar processing capability of premium devices like Samsung and Apple. These emerging manufacturers have the skills, know-how of market trends and innovative as they are credited for hardware, strategy and management of supply chain.
According to Business Insider, latest reports discussed the reason global mobile and Internet firms need to work with emerging firms like Xiaomi and Micromax:
- Two-fifth of the smartphone market in China and a quarter of India account major local manufacturers. Xiaomi sold four of the 10 best Android phones and operates as one of the top five app stores.
- With top two makers in India and five in China, "local 7" export approximately 65 million phones quarterly, and that exceeds Apple and seems to surpass Samsung soon.
- With many influences and tactics, these Chinese and Indian device makers run their own thriving app stores, services and mobile OS. They also control the apps pre-loaded on their devices.
- These phone makers are not local producers although some may think they are. But what makes them competitive with leading smartphone manufacturers is their "price." The "local 7" were able to produce with the same features to that of higher-priced devices - comparable hardware with lesser prices. A Micromax device is only priced 25 percent with that of Apple's iPhone 5c.
- With its four-point strategy, Xiaomi was able to produce four of the most popular models in China in 3 years.
- The "local 7" has the great opportunity to grow and expand even abroad with favorable conditions. Micromax has smartphones Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. Xiaomi is focusing on Malaysia and Brazil. Huawei has entered the U.S. with its 4G LTE device on MetroPCS.
The report covered the discussion of modern approach and global objective of the "local 7." While evaluating the significant roles, they are playing when they see the needs of local customers. Xiaomi is tagged as the "Apple of China" though "Amazon of China" explains better how it runs its hardware technology. It also touches on leading local manufacturers in China and India, how they compare with Samsung and Apple in consumer share and how Lenovo achieved the world's third largest smartphone manufacturer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports