‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final] ‘Time Zones’ Spoiler Preview: Don Draper Makes a New Friend and Visits Someone in Los Angeles
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 10, 2014 5:39 PM EST
This Sunday is the beginning of the end for the men and women of "Mad Men." The final, seventh season, which is divided into two halves, begins with the premiere episode titled "Time Zones." The title perhaps alludes to the different time zones of the principal characters.
The synopsis of the premiere episode is vague. According to this cryptic synopsis, Don Draper will be making a new friend, while Roger Sterling will be seen handling a strange phone call. Peggy Olsen gets to hear some "impressive new work" in the episode. And, Joan Holloway will meet a client for drinks.
The reviews of the premiere episode have revealed that the first episode of the final "Mad Men" season will feature fashion and political events of year 1969. The season six of "Mad Men" featured the down-fall of Don Draper. In the season finale, he narrated his grim upbringing story during a client's pitch meeting, which did not amuse anyone. Sterling Cooper and Partners sent him on a forced vacation for an indefinite time. The cracks in his marriage to Megan became bigger and bigger, while his daughter Sally saw him making out with his neighbour's wife, Sylvia. In the season six finale, Megan moved to Los Angeles without Don Draper. At the end of the season six, final episode, Don Draper took his children to the whorehouse where he grew-up, which is likely to have sowed the seed for the father-daughter reconciliation.
According to The Hollywood Reporter's (THR) review of "Time Zones," Don Draper flies out of New York and lands in Los Angeles to meet Megan. The premiere episode is mainly about Don Draper and Megan. The review reveals that Peggy, Pete, Roger and Joan will also have their moments in the episode.
Pete, who has also moved to Los Angeles, will be seen liking the "vibrations" of Los Angeles despite his list of complaint about it. Meanwhile, Peggy, who was seen sitting behind Don Draper's table in season six finale, will be finding it difficult because of Lou Avery. The man aims to keep Peggy out of Don Draper's chair. According to THR's review, Avery will be taking advantage of Don Draper's absence, and will try to push in his "old-school ways" in Sterling Cooper and Partners.
"I think you're putting me in a position to say, I don't care what you think," Avery says to Peggy [with venom], as quoted by THR.
THR's review hints that a lot of "loose ends" of season six have not been addressed in the premiere episode.
"Mad Men" is scheduled to air on April 13 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS