Amanda Bynes' Lawyer Claims She is Drug-Free and Not Schizoprenic
By charmaine corne clutton | April 10, 2014 3:56 PM EST
The former child star Amanda Bynes shocked the whole world when she posted erratic and insulting tweets directed to other stars on her personal account. After a series of rancid remarks from the "She's the Man" actress, Amanda Bynes also raised suspicion over her alleged drug use when she started wearing bizarre wigs, as well as getting her cheeks pierced. The last straw before Bynes was forcefully admitted to the hospital was when she set a Los Angeles drive way on fire.
Amanda Bynes Declared Mentally Competent to Stand Trial for DUI Case/Reuters
Her camp has since maintained that the star acted eccentrically due to her constant use of marijuana. After her hospitalization, the actress has been taken care of her parents who have not left her side after her public meltdown in 2013. Speaking on behalf of the actress, Lynn Bynes (mother of the actress) issued an apology for all the "hurtful tweets, statements and actions that occurred while she was under the influence of marijuana."
Although the camp has admitted to the actress use of pot, Bynes' lawyers and parents have still maintained that the actress has never had a history of hard drug and alcohol abuse. Other rumors circulating the bizarre behavior of the actress included her diagnosis of being bi-polar and schizophrenic. Issues on the mental health of the actress have since been rubbished by the "Easy A" actress' camp.
Furthermore, a close source of the former child performer claimed that the actress is on zero medication now and is fully recuperating. According to the close source, the actress has been clean from pot for nine months in total now, neither is the former child star taking any recreational drugs as of the moment.
After the public meltdown and hospitalization, the 28-year old has enrolled herself in the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise to pursue a fashion designing career. Even though the actress has fully recovered from the embarrassing public meltdown, Bynes has no intention of going back to acting, according to a close source to the actress.
Amanda has been pictured looking radiant and healthy in a neon green bikini which she donned during a vacation in Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast