Amanda Bynes' Lawyer Claims She is Drug-Free and Not Schizoprenic
By charmaine corne clutton | April 10, 2014 3:56 PM EST
The former child star Amanda Bynes shocked the whole world when she posted erratic and insulting tweets directed to other stars on her personal account. After a series of rancid remarks from the "She's the Man" actress, Amanda Bynes also raised suspicion over her alleged drug use when she started wearing bizarre wigs, as well as getting her cheeks pierced. The last straw before Bynes was forcefully admitted to the hospital was when she set a Los Angeles drive way on fire.
Amanda Bynes Declared Mentally Competent to Stand Trial for DUI Case/Reuters
Her camp has since maintained that the star acted eccentrically due to her constant use of marijuana. After her hospitalization, the actress has been taken care of her parents who have not left her side after her public meltdown in 2013. Speaking on behalf of the actress, Lynn Bynes (mother of the actress) issued an apology for all the "hurtful tweets, statements and actions that occurred while she was under the influence of marijuana."
Although the camp has admitted to the actress use of pot, Bynes' lawyers and parents have still maintained that the actress has never had a history of hard drug and alcohol abuse. Other rumors circulating the bizarre behavior of the actress included her diagnosis of being bi-polar and schizophrenic. Issues on the mental health of the actress have since been rubbished by the "Easy A" actress' camp.
Furthermore, a close source of the former child performer claimed that the actress is on zero medication now and is fully recuperating. According to the close source, the actress has been clean from pot for nine months in total now, neither is the former child star taking any recreational drugs as of the moment.
After the public meltdown and hospitalization, the 28-year old has enrolled herself in the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise to pursue a fashion designing career. Even though the actress has fully recovered from the embarrassing public meltdown, Bynes has no intention of going back to acting, according to a close source to the actress.
Amanda has been pictured looking radiant and healthy in a neon green bikini which she donned during a vacation in Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools