Amanda Bynes' Lawyer Claims She is Drug-Free and Not Schizoprenic
By charmaine corne clutton | April 10, 2014 3:56 PM EST
The former child star Amanda Bynes shocked the whole world when she posted erratic and insulting tweets directed to other stars on her personal account. After a series of rancid remarks from the "She's the Man" actress, Amanda Bynes also raised suspicion over her alleged drug use when she started wearing bizarre wigs, as well as getting her cheeks pierced. The last straw before Bynes was forcefully admitted to the hospital was when she set a Los Angeles drive way on fire.
Amanda Bynes Declared Mentally Competent to Stand Trial for DUI Case/Reuters
Her camp has since maintained that the star acted eccentrically due to her constant use of marijuana. After her hospitalization, the actress has been taken care of her parents who have not left her side after her public meltdown in 2013. Speaking on behalf of the actress, Lynn Bynes (mother of the actress) issued an apology for all the "hurtful tweets, statements and actions that occurred while she was under the influence of marijuana."
Although the camp has admitted to the actress use of pot, Bynes' lawyers and parents have still maintained that the actress has never had a history of hard drug and alcohol abuse. Other rumors circulating the bizarre behavior of the actress included her diagnosis of being bi-polar and schizophrenic. Issues on the mental health of the actress have since been rubbished by the "Easy A" actress' camp.
Furthermore, a close source of the former child performer claimed that the actress is on zero medication now and is fully recuperating. According to the close source, the actress has been clean from pot for nine months in total now, neither is the former child star taking any recreational drugs as of the moment.
After the public meltdown and hospitalization, the 28-year old has enrolled herself in the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise to pursue a fashion designing career. Even though the actress has fully recovered from the embarrassing public meltdown, Bynes has no intention of going back to acting, according to a close source to the actress.
Amanda has been pictured looking radiant and healthy in a neon green bikini which she donned during a vacation in Mexico.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June