'Grey’s Anatomy' Season 10 Spoilers: Alex to Leave Grey Sloan Memorial; Cristina Ditches Owen?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 3:55 PM EST
As the current season of “Grey’s Anatomy” slowly nears its finale episode, the future of a number of characters is uncertain. While Sandra Oh’s exit from the series has been confirmed, the previous episode showed Justin Chambers’ character mulling the possibility of leaving Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
Creative Commons/Angela George
Justin Chambers(Creative Commons/Angela George)
Chambers’ character of Alex Karev is under tremendous pressure to pay off his student loans, and he is tempted by the possibility of a better life if he joins Dr Butthole’s private practice.
"This is somebody who Alex [is] taken by what's going on with his life," Chambers told TVGuide. "This guy is still young. He's got cars, a nice office and a good job. What he does is easy. He could do it blindfolded. Alex thinks, 'Wow, maybe I could do this. I still have all these loans. I'm broke. Maybe I need to start possibly thinking of joining a private practice.'”
Alex realises that he should be focusing on making a bit more money, now that he is in a committed relationship with Jo.
“Especially now that he's in a relationship, he has a home now, maybe he wants to start a family and he wants to pay off these debts, he might want the money," Chambers said, justifying Alex’s desire to join a private practice.
While Chambers might have strong reasons to push for Alex’s departure from Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, fans aren’t too keen to see the bad boy doctor go.
“If Alex leaves Grey-Sloan Memorial, I'm leaving Grey's Anatomy. It's that simple. I can't lose any more characters,” one fan wrote on Twitter, while another added: “Not even entertaining the thought of Alex Karev AKA Justin Chambers leaving Grey's Anatomy. I'm already losing one favourite.”
The current season is the final for Oh, who plays Cristina Yang in the series. Cristina will be given a fitting farewell when season 10 ends, and speculations are rife that she will ditch Owen Hunt for former lover Preston Burke.
The synopsis of April 17 episode entitled "Go It Alone” stated that Cristina will ditch Owen ahead of a gala, and theories suggest that this is where she reconnects with Burke.
However, it is too soon to say if she would end up with Burke for good.
Grey's Anatomy" airs on ABC every Thursday at 9 p.m. EDT. The season finale will air on May 15.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet