'Grey’s Anatomy' Season 10 Spoilers: Alex to Leave Grey Sloan Memorial; Cristina Ditches Owen?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 3:55 PM EST
As the current season of “Grey’s Anatomy” slowly nears its finale episode, the future of a number of characters is uncertain. While Sandra Oh’s exit from the series has been confirmed, the previous episode showed Justin Chambers’ character mulling the possibility of leaving Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
Creative Commons/Angela George
Justin Chambers(Creative Commons/Angela George)
Chambers’ character of Alex Karev is under tremendous pressure to pay off his student loans, and he is tempted by the possibility of a better life if he joins Dr Butthole’s private practice.
"This is somebody who Alex [is] taken by what's going on with his life," Chambers told TVGuide. "This guy is still young. He's got cars, a nice office and a good job. What he does is easy. He could do it blindfolded. Alex thinks, 'Wow, maybe I could do this. I still have all these loans. I'm broke. Maybe I need to start possibly thinking of joining a private practice.'”
Alex realises that he should be focusing on making a bit more money, now that he is in a committed relationship with Jo.
“Especially now that he's in a relationship, he has a home now, maybe he wants to start a family and he wants to pay off these debts, he might want the money," Chambers said, justifying Alex’s desire to join a private practice.
While Chambers might have strong reasons to push for Alex’s departure from Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, fans aren’t too keen to see the bad boy doctor go.
“If Alex leaves Grey-Sloan Memorial, I'm leaving Grey's Anatomy. It's that simple. I can't lose any more characters,” one fan wrote on Twitter, while another added: “Not even entertaining the thought of Alex Karev AKA Justin Chambers leaving Grey's Anatomy. I'm already losing one favourite.”
The current season is the final for Oh, who plays Cristina Yang in the series. Cristina will be given a fitting farewell when season 10 ends, and speculations are rife that she will ditch Owen Hunt for former lover Preston Burke.
The synopsis of April 17 episode entitled "Go It Alone” stated that Cristina will ditch Owen ahead of a gala, and theories suggest that this is where she reconnects with Burke.
However, it is too soon to say if she would end up with Burke for good.
Grey's Anatomy" airs on ABC every Thursday at 9 p.m. EDT. The season finale will air on May 15.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown