'Grey’s Anatomy' Season 10 Spoilers: Alex to Leave Grey Sloan Memorial; Cristina Ditches Owen?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 10, 2014 3:55 PM EST
As the current season of “Grey’s Anatomy” slowly nears its finale episode, the future of a number of characters is uncertain. While Sandra Oh’s exit from the series has been confirmed, the previous episode showed Justin Chambers’ character mulling the possibility of leaving Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
Creative Commons/Angela George
Justin Chambers(Creative Commons/Angela George)
Chambers’ character of Alex Karev is under tremendous pressure to pay off his student loans, and he is tempted by the possibility of a better life if he joins Dr Butthole’s private practice.
"This is somebody who Alex [is] taken by what's going on with his life," Chambers told TVGuide. "This guy is still young. He's got cars, a nice office and a good job. What he does is easy. He could do it blindfolded. Alex thinks, 'Wow, maybe I could do this. I still have all these loans. I'm broke. Maybe I need to start possibly thinking of joining a private practice.'”
Alex realises that he should be focusing on making a bit more money, now that he is in a committed relationship with Jo.
“Especially now that he's in a relationship, he has a home now, maybe he wants to start a family and he wants to pay off these debts, he might want the money," Chambers said, justifying Alex’s desire to join a private practice.
While Chambers might have strong reasons to push for Alex’s departure from Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, fans aren’t too keen to see the bad boy doctor go.
“If Alex leaves Grey-Sloan Memorial, I'm leaving Grey's Anatomy. It's that simple. I can't lose any more characters,” one fan wrote on Twitter, while another added: “Not even entertaining the thought of Alex Karev AKA Justin Chambers leaving Grey's Anatomy. I'm already losing one favourite.”
The current season is the final for Oh, who plays Cristina Yang in the series. Cristina will be given a fitting farewell when season 10 ends, and speculations are rife that she will ditch Owen Hunt for former lover Preston Burke.
The synopsis of April 17 episode entitled "Go It Alone” stated that Cristina will ditch Owen ahead of a gala, and theories suggest that this is where she reconnects with Burke.
However, it is too soon to say if she would end up with Burke for good.
Grey's Anatomy" airs on ABC every Thursday at 9 p.m. EDT. The season finale will air on May 15.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown